Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion TWO QUESTIONS- (1) Well Done Steak Cut (2) Brinkmann

TWO QUESTIONS- (1) Well Done Steak Cut (2) Brinkmann

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Joe from Alaska

Alright, who wants to tackle these two questions, my friends? I'm kind of a newbie as well.

(1) RECOMMENDED STEAK CUTS FOR MEDIUM-WELL TO WELL DONE MEAT I was about to get a few tri tips today from the butcher, when he said "this is beautiful on a grill if you love rare meat," and I told him I was strictly a burning man, and he warned me off. "It's like a round steak" he said. "If you go well with either, you get shoe leather." True? (Sadly, I ended up with brats....and football is so long and far away.....)

And should I be pursuing Ribeyes and New Yorks, which he claims are good for people with medium-well (and beyond) tastes?

(2) BRINKMANN SOUND OFF I haven't heard of this brand before, but the BRINKMANN 2600 seems to have a lot of cooking space, procelain grates, temp gauge, three burners, a side burner, and an electronic ignition. Thoughts? Recommendations? Man, at 200 bucks, it's a welcome improvement on my fiesta propane. Not that it hasn't served me well.

You can take a look at the product here: http://www.lowes.com/lkn?action=product ... 810-2400-0

Post Tue May 04, 2004 10:45 am
PaulP well done
well done

I'm one of those who think "Good well-done steak" is an oxymoron. If you insist on ruin...ah...coking your steak this way. Look for meat that has lots of marbeling. It has the best chance of surviving overcooking. Have you ever tried a steak cooked medium? Not bloody, warm all the way through, but still juicy.
PaulP
If you don't like the food, have more wine

Post Tue May 04, 2004 10:53 am
PaulP well done
well done

OOPS! As far as the grill goes, if your budget is only $200, it's probably as good as any. That is, it's basically a disposable grill that you'll be replacing in a few years if you use it much. If you can swing it, I'd suggest spending about $400 and getting a Weber Genesis Silver B. Even heat, fantastic customer service and it will last a long, long time. The cure for throwaway grills. I too had a number of cheap grills until I broke down and bought my Weber. I'll never go back.
PaulP
If you don't like the food, have more wine

Return to General Discussion