Board index Barbecue Board Best BBQ Joint Good Q in NY?

Good Q in NY?

What's your favorite place (aside from your backyard) to eat BBQ?

Post Wed Oct 26, 2005 6:01 pm

Smokin Als in Bayshore NY
http://www.smokinals.com/
:D

Post Sat Jan 28, 2006 11:05 pm
BlitzBQ

Trailer Park rick can pack up his campsite. A great new BBQ restaurant opened on Jericho Tunpike just west of Rt 110.

Hog House Barbecue

It is as authentic as you get for Long Island!

Post Sun Jan 29, 2006 8:15 pm
NYluvsQ

I just got back from the Hog House. It is 200 West Jericho Tpke - West Hills Center. We had the RIbs, Pork,and Brisket. The mains and sides are awesome. Smokin Al is going to lose his #1 rating in Zagat. Very authientic and all homemade. They need to take over the storefront next o them. The place is already packed for dine-in and take-out.

It is a must try!!!

Post Sat Feb 25, 2006 9:53 pm
YummyQ

The Hog House is incredible! They make homemade pastrami, it is the best I have ever had.

Post Wed Jun 14, 2006 4:30 pm
blitzjb raw
raw

I visited the Hog House - you are all correct - it is incredible. It is the most authentic BBQ on Long Island

Post Wed Jun 14, 2006 4:41 pm
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

Welcome to the board blitzjb! :D

Post Sat Jun 17, 2006 11:38 am
BRH raw
raw

I usually visit New York City once or twice a year, and have tried several of the BBQ places in the city. (Dallas BBQ is a chain that has several locations and is ok. Also, Virgil's BBQ near Times Square if ok too.) But, by far, my favorite BBQ place in NYC is Brother Jimmy's BBQ (www.brotherjimmys.com) It's kind of a Southern hangout/bar, and they have 3 locations now. They have great southern/soul food, and surprisingly good BBQ as well. I had the Burnt Ends (chopped brisket) last time and it was excellent and I highly recommend it. They have North Carolina, South Carolina, and Texas styles of BBQ on the menu. I know it may not be as good or authentic as some places in the BBQ Belt, but for NYC, it is really excellent and the best I've found there.
Another NYC favorite that serves BBQ and Tex Mex food is Rodeo Bar and Grill. I would definately recommend Brother Jimmy's or Rodeo Bar and Grill for a NYC BBQ fix though. (And if you are ever in the mood for some real British Fish and Chips while in NYC, check out "A Salt and Battery". Hey, it's not BBQ related, but it's another of my NYC favorites).

Post Wed Jun 28, 2006 6:22 am
blitzjb raw
raw

Hog House Barbecue Team
http://www.Grillkings.com

Post Fri Jul 21, 2006 4:00 pm
blitzjb raw
raw

Poppa Ricks is out of business - he could not compete with the nearby Hog House Barbecue

Post Wed Jul 26, 2006 4:49 pm
Sledneck well done
well done

Im sure that was the reason Image
Steve

Post Mon Sep 10, 2007 6:20 pm
dliwer rare
rare

Although there are a few BBQ places in Manhattan, my personal favorite by far is Blue Smoke. Although it is very "upscale" looking, and quite expensive, the food is truly delicious. They serve ribs three styles (TX, NC, KC) and you can get a sampler. it's very real BBQ - no boiling, no ovens - they had to install a special chimeny to comply with smoke regulations in the city... nice smoke rings, fall off the bone ribs, and under the place one of manhattan's best Jazz clubs thrives - so you can have dinner upstairs, then go downstairs for top-notch Jazz and beer...

(no I don't work there, I was just so excited to finally get a real bbq place in Manhattan...)

Post Tue Sep 11, 2007 1:47 am
Sledneck well done
well done

dliwer wrote:
Although there are a few BBQ places in Manhattan, my personal favorite by far is Blue Smoke. Although it is very "upscale" looking, and quite expensive, the food is truly delicious. They serve ribs three styles (TX, NC, KC) and you can get a sampler. it's very real BBQ - no boiling, no ovens - they had to install a special chimeny to comply with smoke regulations in the city... nice smoke rings, fall off the bone ribs, and under the place one of manhattan's best Jazz clubs thrives - so you can have dinner upstairs, then go downstairs for top-notch Jazz and beer...

(no I don't work there, I was just so excited to finally get a real bbq place in Manhattan...)

Have you tried R.U.B? Daisy Mays? Hill Country?
Steve

Post Tue Sep 11, 2007 4:42 pm
dliwer rare
rare

I am afraid not yet. The plan is to get there this month. I will report back!

Post Tue Sep 11, 2007 10:24 pm
Natty Boh medium-rare
medium-rare

If you want real Q, my advice is to pack your lunch. :lol:

Post Wed Sep 12, 2007 4:21 pm
Sledneck well done
well done

Natty Boh wrote:
If you want real Q, my advice is to pack your lunch. :lol:
best bet for us locals. ALot of really good q joint have opened in the past year. For visitors its a good thing
Steve

PreviousNext

Return to Best BBQ Joint