Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion BBQ-U hits Atlanta PBS!

BBQ-U hits Atlanta PBS!

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Tue May 04, 2004 1:48 am
Vinsect well done
well done

I finally got to see the show! BBcue-Z, be sure to set your VCR for 1:00PM on saturdays too. The recipes from this season will come from The Barbecue Bible. So if you haven't picked up a copy yet, go get one.
I'm looking forward to trying these recipes out for myself.
Haven't there already been past seasons of the show? Are they archived on DVD or anything?
If it aint broke, Break it!
Then rebuild it better.

Post Tue May 04, 2004 6:01 am
BBcue-Z well done
well done

Thanks Vinsect.
I’ll finally be able to watch Steve’s show in Atlanta. The only time I saw the show was last year during my vacation in Calif. And I do have the BBQ Bible; it has great recipes. I can’t wait to see Steve cooking some of them. As far as the DVD, I haven’t heard of any. Maybe someone on this board has some leads. I’d defiantly buy all of them.
Was the show on Channel 30 or 8 (They’re both PBS)?

Post Tue May 04, 2004 8:56 am
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

I lucked out. The wife and I were watching PBS this Saturday and Steven's show came on at 10:00am. We've been getting season 1 here on Fridays so I wasn't expecting it at all. Season 2's start date was 'TBA'. So I 'bout fell over everything scrambling for the VCR to pop in a tape! Got it!!! :D And watched it again!

Post Tue May 04, 2004 8:59 am
Airfoils well done
well done

Vinsect wrote:
Haven't there already been past seasons of the show? Are they archived on DVD or anything?

Yeah, they really need to do something about that. How about it Info?

Post Tue May 04, 2004 9:08 am
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

I'm guessin' that the series belongs to PBS and the decision would be theirs?

Post Tue May 04, 2004 5:23 pm
Info@Workman Site Admin
Site Admin

Yeah, this one is out of my hands. I've shared with the powers that be that you all would like them on DVD, so don't worry, I've done what I can!

Info

Post Tue May 04, 2004 5:32 pm
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

I too put a bug in our local PBS station's ear about getting the show on DVD. If I don't hear from them this week, I'll go up the ladder to the next level.

Post Tue May 04, 2004 10:57 pm
Vinsect well done
well done

Thanks Info & Bob BQN. I don't expect them to go to all the expense of commercially releasing the discs or anything, but if the shows are probably archived on DVD anyway maybe they could burn a few extra copies.
Or if we could even get studio quality VHS tapes, I have friends who can put them on DVD.

Info, how feasable would it be to eventually offer Realplayer format or Windows Media versions of the show for download?
If it aint broke, Break it!
Then rebuild it better.

Return to General Discussion