Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Grilled Enchiladas

Grilled Enchiladas

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Wed Apr 28, 2004 4:01 pm
smokyblues well done
well done

I grilled some chicken breasts last night and started using my imagination and decides to make some enchiladas out of them. I chopped up the breasts then wrapped them in a flour tortilla with sour cream, cheese & home-made salsa. Then I put them in an oiled oven safe dish with some sauce, cheese and salsa on top and put them back on my Weber 22". Before I put the dish on the grill I cut back both vents to cool it down some. They turned out excellent and had a great charcoal grill taste.
I was wondering if anyone else has any similar recipes?

Keep it Smokey

Post Wed Apr 28, 2004 6:44 pm
BBcue-Z well done
well done

I’ve done the same thing, except I grilled some onions, tomatoes green peppers and jalapenos and stuffed the enchiladas with them (plus the chicken breast and fresh cilantro leaves). Also try to make you own enchilada sauce from smoked chilies (that you smoke yourself of course); it adds another dimension of flavor as well.

Post Tue May 04, 2004 1:39 am
Vinsect well done
well done

That's awesome. For some reason, I've been wanting to try doing lazagna on the grill for a while. I guess I still have a bit to learn about lazagna making first though.
I did try making spaggetti sauce on the grill once and it turned out great. I grilled my tomatoes and sausauge and then sauced them together. I'll try that again this summer once I've planted an herb garden.
If it aint broke, Break it!
Then rebuild it better.

Post Tue May 04, 2004 2:36 am
Airfoils well done
well done

Vinsect wrote:
I'll try that again this summer once I've planted an herb garden.

I'm thinking of trying aeroponics for mine.

Post Tue May 04, 2004 12:14 pm
RichD medium-well
medium-well

Actually I have a desert enchilada that is similar. I'll have to double check the recipe and post it later, but it involves a flour tortilla, penut butter, chocoalte morsels and I think tiny marshmallows.
Great end to a grilled meal.

RichD

Post Tue May 04, 2004 10:39 pm
Vinsect well done
well done

Airfoils, I just did a google on "aeroponic". That sounds really cool. I've heard of hydroponics before. Sounds like something I could get into also. I'd definitely like to have my own greenhouse someday.
RichD, Those dessert enchiladas sound enough like smores that they would have to be great grilled.
If it aint broke, Break it!
Then rebuild it better.

Post Wed May 05, 2004 12:10 pm
RichD medium-well
medium-well

They are very good. Sweet also. You wrap them in foil and grill them. I'm not sure of the recipe at the moment and I wasn't able to log on last night. I will post it later tonight in this thread.

RichD

Post Wed May 05, 2004 11:22 pm
RichD medium-well
medium-well

Here's the recipe from the July/August 1999 issue of Quick Cooking Magazine.

1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
4 flour tortillas (8 inches)
1 cup miniature marshmallows
1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips

Spread 2 tablespoons of peanut butter on each tortilla. Sprinkle 1/4 cup marshmallows and 2 tablespoons chocolate chips on half of each tortilla. Roll up, beginning with the topping side. Wrap each tortilla in heavy duty foil; seal tightly.
Grill, covered, over low heat for 5-10 minutes. Unwrap and serve with vanilla ice cream.
Enjoy!

RichD

Return to General Discussion