Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Boneless Pork Ribs

Boneless Pork Ribs

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Fri Apr 30, 2004 11:04 am
Smokecoat rare
rare

There is a deal on pork ribs at my local grocery store, but the ribs have been cut off the bone.
Can anyone give insight as to length of time, etc. to indirect grill these?
Anthing else I need to take into account?

Thanks!

Post Fri Apr 30, 2004 1:32 pm
YardBurner BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

They have gotta be country style ribs.

Boneless or bone in start over indirect till nearly done then sauce (or not) and move over direct to set up the sauce andcrisp up the edges a bit.

YB

Post Fri Apr 30, 2004 1:54 pm
Smokecoat rare
rare

Yes they are country-style ribs. I'm marinating in apple-cider and lemon juice for about 4 hrs, then will Basic BBQ rub for a few more.

Here's my Q: In Steve's instructions for Bourbon Brined Pork Chops, he says indirect smoke for 20 min, then direct grill for 10-12 min.

I've seen other info that says to treat country-style ribs like chops. So, should I smoke and grill them like the aforementioned chops, or do they need longer indirect smoking?

Thanks for all the info!

Post Sat May 01, 2004 8:48 am
TOMP rare
rare

This is a very tatsty cut. I do them quite often. I prefer these to boneless pork loin chops. I direct grill them 4 -5 min per side to get a good sear then move them to indirect for another 15- 20 min. Use your favorite rub or marinade.

Good luck

Tom

Post Sat May 01, 2004 10:23 am
BBcue-Z well done
well done

Country style ribs are also good cooked inside a smoker. Put them in a baking dish (after treating them with rub or a marinate), and then put them inside a smoker at 225-250 degrees. Make sure you turn them half way through the cooking so they can crisp up. The fat melting off will crisp them up on the outside. They will actually fall apart when you pick them up (that’s the doneness test). They take about 4-5 hours depending on the amount and your smoker. This method is also good with beef short ribs.
I also put them on skewers and roast high above the coals for about 45 min. They come out real good.

Post Mon May 03, 2004 3:04 pm
Smokecoat rare
rare

Here's a question:
Is it better to sear first and then indirect grill, or vice-versa?

I had them indirect for about 20 min and then direct grilled for about 6 per side.
Turned out great.

Thanks for all the input!

Post Mon May 03, 2004 3:31 pm
Grand Scale BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Smokecoat-
You want the other way around, sear first, then indirect.
Searing locks in the juices. Then the indirect to keep cooking and keep the surface from burning.
Good luck

Return to General Discussion