Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Praise for Weber

Praise for Weber

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Mon May 03, 2004 2:11 pm
hotchef well done
well done

I found 2 chips in the paint of my Platinum 22.5 inch Weber grill. I e-mailed them about how to fix it and within 5 days, they had sent me a completely new lid. Wow! That is incredible customer service and yet another reason to only buy Weber. I can't wait to buy a gas grill from them now.

That brings me to 2 questions: The first is now that I have 2 usable lids, I plan on using one to "experiment" with and mount a thermometer in. There are lots of threads on this that I have read so I just wanted to ask if there is any hard earned wisdom out there that could be shared before I start. I know that you are supposed to mount it as close to the cooking surface as possible and use high temp. grill paint to seal metal before mounting thermometer. I am looking online but have been unable to find one that is suitable to my tastes. I have finals through the 11th but I can't wait to get to work on it.

The second question is about the thermoset on my platinum grill. The work surface is made out of this stuff and it has worked great so far except that I have noticed a crack on one side of it which is getting bigger. It is not deep (barely catches the fingernail when running across it) but Is this normal or should I contact Weber about it?

Thanks

Hotchef

Post Mon May 03, 2004 3:23 pm
PaulP well done
well done

I've had my Silver B for 3 years, and no cracks in the work surface yet.
PaulP
If you don't like the food, have more wine

Post Mon May 03, 2004 4:00 pm
Airfoils well done
well done

hotchef wrote:
I found 2 chips in the paint of my Platinum 22.5 inch Weber grill. I e-mailed them about how to fix it and within 5 days, they had sent me a completely new lid. Wow!

They sent me a new rotisserie motor after I overloaded it with meat and burned it up no questions asked.

hotchef wrote:
That brings me to 2 questions: The first is now that I have 2 usable lids, I plan on using one to "experiment" with and mount a thermometer in. There are lots of threads on this that I have read so I just wanted to ask if there is any hard earned wisdom out there that could be shared before I start. I know that you are supposed to mount it as close to the cooking surface as possible and use high temp. grill paint to seal metal before mounting thermometer. I am looking online but have been unable to find one that is suitable to my tastes. I have finals through the 11th but I can't wait to get to work on it.

Chagan did this to his grill lid. I'd either get a performer lid or measure the grate and exhaust vent temp, then just stick a therm in the exhaust vent and subtract. Mine's about 20 degrees but depends on the fire, It takes some practice.

hotchef wrote:
The second question is about the thermoset on my platinum grill. The work surface is made out of this stuff and it has worked great so far except that I have noticed a crack on one side of it which is getting bigger. It is not deep (barely catches the fingernail when running across it) but Is this normal or should I contact Weber about it?

Mines great after 2 years now and rarely covered (I'm using it again by the time it cools down so a cover just doesnt make sense for me), but if I were you you bet I;d tell them and enjoy a brand new surface that they'll probably send.

Return to General Discussion