Board index Barbecue Board Best BBQ Joint Favorite Steakhouse?

Favorite Steakhouse?

What's your favorite place (aside from your backyard) to eat BBQ?

Post Wed Dec 21, 2005 11:32 pm
Mr_Jon well done
well done

There's a Charlie Brown's opening up near my house. I'm anxious to try it.
There's also a Ruth Chris's about 45 minutes away. I'll try that once I get a better job.

Post Wed Jan 04, 2006 6:23 pm
Stehoffman rare
rare

Interesting topic! Since we are all steak grillers unique in our own way, but we have very similar taste in restaurants. Here, Morton’s does an excellent steak and yes Zeke the porterhouse is superb. We also have a Ruth’s Chris but I haven’t been there for years. If I was going out for Steak, I would go to Don Shula’s. Here your menu is hand painted on a football. They have every kind of steak you would want from the wife’s filet to a huge 48oz porterhouse, that if you can eat it all, your name goes on the 48oz Club plack at the front door and on the web site.

http://www.donshula.com/bylastnamechar. ... n%2C+steve
Weber Summit E-650
Weber 22.5 WSM w/ Afterburner

Post Mon Jan 16, 2006 11:37 pm
MaineiacSmoker well done
well done

Having grown up 30 miles north of Boston, I'd have to go with Hilltop. After the experiment with Campbell's Soup Co. (they bought it and tried to franchise it) the original owners bought it back, closed down the other sites, and returned Hilltop to its original Aim. No frills food and an affordable price. Each steak comes with potato and salad. That's it. (Of course, optional sides available upon request).

CB 45K Gasser
Modified CG w/ SFB

Post Thu Jan 26, 2006 8:11 am
spin02 rare
rare

I am going to visiting the triangle area of North Carolina soon. I had planned on visiting the Ruth's Chris in Cary. This will be my first visit. So I am looking forward to it.
Weber Performer w/ Smokenator 1000

Post Fri Feb 10, 2006 8:54 pm
twocents medium-rare
medium-rare

Bob-BQN wrote:
Did someone say 'Texas'? Let's see...Florida...Hmmm...That's somewhere in East Texas, isn't it? :wink:

there is a Florida in Ohio...
two cents ¢¢

'ALL HAIL NINKASI'

Post Fri Feb 10, 2006 9:14 pm
twocents medium-rare
medium-rare

Mr_Jon wrote:
There's a Charlie Brown's opening up near my house. I'm anxious to try it.
There's also a Ruth Chris's about 45 minutes away. I'll try that once I get a better job.

Charlie Browns is ok, but I don't think it is the best place. My mom likes Boulder Creek.. seems to be ok. They had a blackend steak on special last weekend (feb 5) that was tasty.
two cents ¢¢

'ALL HAIL NINKASI'

Post Sat Feb 25, 2006 3:59 pm
kwkimerer raw
raw

Being from KC it is tough to impress me with other cities BBQ or steak houses. I recently had probably the best steak I have ever had at Gibsons in Chicago (actually Rosemont). I still haven't found BBQ in any other city to challenge the diversity and quality of BBQ in KC...sorry guys.

Post Sat Feb 25, 2006 8:39 pm
YardBurner BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Don't be sorry. Celebrate it!!! Revel in it!!!

If I had the best of something close by (Yes, Dear)
I'd take full advantage!. (just watch the hdl)

-YB
Weber Summit E-470
Weber 22" MasterTouch
New Braunfels Hondo offset
Bar-B-Chef offset
Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Q-220

Post Sun Feb 26, 2006 11:04 am

kwkimerer wrote:
Being from KC it is tough to impress me with other cities BBQ or steak houses. I recently had probably the best steak I have ever had at Gibsons in Chicago (actually Rosemont). I still haven't found BBQ in any other city to challenge the diversity and quality of BBQ in KC...sorry guys.

yep, I'm jealous... that is the highlight of midwest cuisine. (we get a lot of 'diversity' <I'm beginning to hate the term> here but I think bbq is sadly lacking)
trouble is, the rest of things on the menus of other, non bbq restaurants, doesn't seem to amount to much. good, staple, tad greasy on occasions, but not varied that much.
however, farbeit from me to criticise cuisine.

Post Mon Mar 06, 2006 5:03 pm
Griese61 raw
raw

Bob-BQN wrote:
On the occasion when we choose to go out for a steak, my family likes to go to the Saltgrass Steak House. They are a relatively new restaurant chain in the area. The atmosphere is rustic and the food is flavorful. The rattle snake tails (appetizers), jalapeno peppers stuffed with shrimp, are a good starter and each meal is served with beer bread. The steaks are well seasoned and the chefs are well trained. Servers are very attentive and outgoing.

However, the wife and I went to a steak place in Kansas City once. A place on the Missouri River yet it had no windows. It looked like you were entering a warehouse from the outside. There was no large sign on a 50 foot post, only a small sign on the wall near the entrance door. It was an older, industrial side of town and I was shocked when my family recommended the place because of the area it was in. Once inside, the building offered a different environment. It resembled an upper-crust, high class dining establishment with an Old West attraction. There were high ceilings, wagon wheel chandeliers over each table, and high back, heavy wooden chairs. That night we had the best steaks of our life and all the sides were equally as delicious. To this day I cannot remember the name of the restaurant.

I believe the place you are referring to might have been The Goldon Ox down in the old part of town. It is down by the river, and Kemper Arena. It is an outstanding place. It closed down, but I believe it has reopened under teh same name haven't been there in a long while. WOW, it was a good steak. I do like from KC The Hereford House, not the chains that have gone up in KC but the original down town. KC has some excellant BBQ, and STeaks. So, enjoy when you come to my neck of the woods. And if you eat at a local BBQ joint don't forget the Burnt Ends. OHHHH Man those are good.

This is my first post to this fantastic forum, hopefully won't be the last.

Griese61

Post Mon Mar 06, 2006 6:06 pm
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

Welcome to the board Griese61! :D

The Golden Ox sounds familiar but I couldn't swear to it. :wink:

Post Tue Mar 07, 2006 8:33 pm

Hi Im new here. Im from Portland Oregon. We have quite a few good steakhouses here, including Ruth's and mortons. But the best in the city comes from Ringside's. Gotta have there onion rings to.

Post Tue Mar 07, 2006 9:11 pm
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

Welcome to the board charlie778! :D

Post Tue Mar 07, 2006 10:43 pm

On the Southside of Chi town go to:
Krapil's The Great Steak
Address: 6600 111th, Worth, IL 60482
Phone: (708) 448-2012

Post Wed Mar 08, 2006 9:13 am
Bob-BQN User avatar