Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion need reheating tips

need reheating tips

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Wed Apr 21, 2004 12:11 pm

Hello all,
I am having about 10 family members over for lunch in about one month. I am looking for suggestions on what I can smoke on saturday and reheat for lunch on sunday after church.
I was thinking maybe pulled pork but am open for suggestions as to what has worked and what reheating methods you have used. Thanks

Post Wed Apr 21, 2004 12:49 pm
RichD medium-well
medium-well

I'm told pulled pork is an excellent dish to make ahead of time. In fact I am doing the same thing in May. My daugther makes her First Communion on the 8th and I won't have time to make food that day so I am taking off on the 7th and doing two pork roasts. Now that I think about it I may also do some smoked potatoes and use them for potato salad.

RichD

Post Wed Apr 21, 2004 12:55 pm

Rich,
I am in the very same situation, my daughter has her first communion on the 16th and I will not be able to cook that morning. Let me know how your turns out,
8)

Post Wed Apr 21, 2004 1:05 pm
RichD medium-well
medium-well

Will do. Funny the idea for the smoked potato salad came to me while I was typing my response.
Check the thread I started "Pork Shoulder for Pulled Pork". I started it to get some good advice for this same reason.

RichD

Post Wed Apr 21, 2004 1:14 pm
Airfoils well done
well done

I concur, pulled pork is an excellent choice to prepare ahead of time. :wink:

Post Wed Apr 21, 2004 1:32 pm

rich, what method do you plan on using to reheat the pork?

Post Wed Apr 21, 2004 2:01 pm
RichD medium-well
medium-well

Not sure yet, but I will probably use the oven since it will be more convienent that day.

RichD

Post Thu Apr 22, 2004 8:26 am
YardBurner BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

A crock pot set on low works like a charm. Such a gentle heat soesn't force the moisture from the pork. Toss the meat in as you leave for the service and it should be hot enough by time to eat. This frees up the oven for beans etc.

Congrats on your childrens' milestone!

YB

Post Thu Apr 22, 2004 9:54 am

Thanks YB. I don't know why I didn't think of the crockpot, we only have three or four of them and it's usually my first choice to keep food warm for a party.

RichD

Post Thu Apr 22, 2004 10:02 am
RichD medium-well
medium-well

Sorry about that, I can't figure out why I don't log in when I log in sometimes.

Again, thanks YB.

RichD

Return to General Discussion