Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion gettin' flames next to your name

gettin' flames next to your name

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Mon Apr 19, 2004 3:51 pm
smokyblues well done
well done

How do you get those flames next to your name? I'm tired of bein' raw. Do you have to have a certain number of posts? if so, I'm one step closer now.
keep it smokey

Post Mon Apr 19, 2004 4:12 pm
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

Hey smokyblues,

You're on the right track! The flames next to your names are related to the number of posts you've made.

0-9 = raw
10 = rare
50 = medium-rare
100 = medium
200 = medium-well
300 = well done

Have patience, keep posts relevant, and you'll get some fire soon!

Post Mon Apr 19, 2004 4:20 pm
Airfoils well done
well done

Personally, I think post counts are sorta goofy and encourage spam for those that care about post count. If I have something to say I say it. A lot of times I don't post because it would be redundant to what someone else has already said in a thread although sometimes I will edify what someone else has said with a post if I feel something needs to be emphasized.

Post Mon Apr 19, 2004 4:56 pm
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

And once you get to where you are now...you can ramble and it won't count for anything anyway :lol:

Post Mon Apr 19, 2004 7:34 pm
YardBurner BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

And if you consume enough amber colored liquid nectar from the Highlands or Islay like Grand Scale and I do they start puttin' little green pickles next to your flames.

YB

Post Mon Apr 19, 2004 7:43 pm
Airfoils well done
well done

YardBurner wrote:
And if you consume enough amber colored liquid nectar from the Highlands or Islay like Grand Scale and I do they start puttin' little green pickles next to your flames.

YB

Heh, if that's the case, I'll take agave's :)

Post Mon Apr 19, 2004 8:13 pm
YardBurner BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Amber or clear? And they gots highlands and lowlands down dere too.

Salt? Lemon? Lime? Or just sip the good stuff.

And what's up with price of Tequila? Even Pepe Lopez is commanding a kings ransom!

Someone said they had a bug in the crop. Bug my A_ _!

They saw what the scotch guys were gettin and decided to get a little for themselves!

OK. I'll stop. I'm startin' to vent like Smoke! :wink:

YB

Post Tue Apr 20, 2004 2:06 am
Vinsect well done
well done

Yardburner, didn't know you were a Scotch fan too. Thought it was just me and Grand Scale. Favs so far are MacAllan & Dalwhinnie.
So much for keepin the posts relevant. Put me down for a pickle too.
:oops:
If it aint broke, Break it!
Then rebuild it better.

Post Tue Apr 20, 2004 8:10 am
Grand Scale BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

I'm not even going to get started on single malts...you guys might try to hold an intervention or something. :D

Post Tue Apr 20, 2004 2:37 pm
smokyblues well done
well done

Thanks for the advice, before long I will be well done. And on the scotch forum, my college roomate and best bud told me he is getting me a bottle of Johnny Walker Blue or Gold for my wedding next month. Its great to have good friends, can't wait to try it brother.
keep it smokey

Post Tue Apr 20, 2004 10:37 pm
YardBurner BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Intervention!! Larry and I will be up to raid your stash!

YB

Post Tue Apr 20, 2004 10:47 pm
Vinsect well done
well done

Whoa, save some for me.
If it aint broke, Break it!
Then rebuild it better.

Post Tue Apr 20, 2004 11:00 pm
Airfoils well done
well done

YardBurner wrote:
Amber or clear? And they gots highlands and lowlands down dere too. Salt? Lemon? Lime? Or just sip the good stuff. And what's up with price of Tequila? Even Pepe Lopez is commanding a kings ransom! Someone said they had a bug in the crop. Bug my A_ _! They saw what the scotch guys were gettin and decided to get a little for themselves! OK. I'll stop. I'm startin' to vent like Smoke! :wink:

YB

I like Blanco for slammin, Reposado for mixin/sippin and Anejo for sippin. The stuff I get is expensive anyway so I don't quibble over price for the good stuff. :twisted: Actually I don't slam much anymore, more of a sipper these days, just not in the hurry I used to be :wink:
Last edited by Airfoils on Tue Apr 20, 2004 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Tue Apr 20, 2004 11:07 pm
ThrRoff well done
well done

Sorry Yard. No help from me if that amber colored stuff ain't bourbon. Preferably Bakers or Bookers............ :lol:

Post Tue Apr 20, 2004 11:35 pm
YardBurner BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Larry! 2 small filtered water ice cubes, 2 fingers of Bookers, Knob Creek etc. Wait 4 to 5 min. and start sippin'. 1 minute later start making batch #2 as above so it's ready and waiting.

For everyday use we choose Ezra Brooks. Jack's too sweet. ($$$$) Beam's to bleah! Turkey's consistent in 100 proof but it's just to strong for weekdays (Not that I'd turn them down!)

As far as SM Scotch Bunnahabhain is the most "round" and sippable Islay that I've come across.

YB

Next

Return to General Discussion