Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion cooking brisket & grilling magazine

cooking brisket & grilling magazine

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Fri Apr 16, 2004 4:01 pm
smokyblues well done
well done

Two questions

1.What do you guys think is the best amount of time to cook a brisket? What recipes and steps do you go through to prepare the brisket?

2.Does anyone know of any grilling or smoking magazine out there? If there is, I would subsrcibe in a second. I think Steven needs to start one and put in different recipes, have articles on BBQ festvals, etc.

Keep it Smokey

Post Fri Apr 16, 2004 4:27 pm
RichD medium-well
medium-well

Can't help with the first question, but I can with the second.

Here are two that I know of:

BBQer Magazine you can find them at www.thebbqer.com

Grilling Magazine you can find them at www.grillingmag.com

I'm sure there are more. Try searching grilling magazine, bbq magazine, etc on the internet.

Hope that helps.

RichD

Post Fri Apr 16, 2004 5:39 pm
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

smokyblues the following are a few links to earlier discussions that will help you a lot:

Let's Talk About Brisket!

and

Beef Brisket

There are too many variables to give an exact time for cooking brisket. Make sure you use a thermometer to check the internal temperature of the meat. I cook mine to 195-200 degrees.

If you still have questions I'll be happy to help. (Did four last Saturday and have four more to do tomorrow.)

Post Sun Apr 18, 2004 12:46 am
Vinsect well done
well done

Texas BBQ Rub has some good info on their site much of which is Brisket Specific (try saying that 3 times fast).
They also have an email mailing list which has had some good articles so far. I haven't tried their rubs yet but I think I will soon.
You can check them out and sign up for their newsletter here...
http://www.texasbbqrub.com/
If it aint broke, Break it!
Then rebuild it better.

Return to General Discussion