Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Frigidaire Grills

Frigidaire Grills

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Fri Apr 09, 2004 1:03 am
goop raw
raw

Hello all. Let me get someting up front right off the bat.
I am a terrible griller!!! Too hot, too cold everything ends up burned or dry.

And now part of my job requires me to sell and demo new grills from Frigidaire so now is the time to learn how to grill and become good at it. As a result, I search and found the How To Grill book at Barnes and Noble thus leading me to this board.

My Question: Has anyone seen these grills? And what do you think...honestly.

Personally I think they are a great value with some great features and performance that rivals the most expensive brands of Viking and Thermador.

Although they do need to add some shelves for bottles and spices and add hooks for tools.

Post Fri Apr 09, 2004 1:55 am
YardBurner BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

This was the only reference that came up re: Frigidaire grills other than cooktops incorporating grills.

www.livingincomfort.com/images/frougr_pic.jpg

More info will help.

Who actually makes them? ie. Kenmore Elite grills are mfg. by Grand Hall.

Most Mfg. share design characteristics between lines.
Therefore will have similar performance

Ferret out what you can. I, myself have never heard of this line.

Who is carrying them?
Where do you work?

Have you ever be... Oh, wait i'm getting too personal!

YB

Post Fri Apr 09, 2004 12:18 pm
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

Hey goop, welcome aboard!

Sounds like they've added a wonderful new deminsion to you job. If only all bosses of the world would do the same. I'm certain this is the solution to road rage and many other problems that plague our nation.

I also am not familiar with this line of grills. Could you provide more info? Thanks.

Stick with us and will help out as much as possible. There are a great group of grillers around here!!!

Post Fri Apr 09, 2004 6:50 pm
YardBurner BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

www.frigidaire.com/products/grills.asp

Here's a link to find out more. Says some come with infrared burners.

YB

Post Sat Apr 10, 2004 3:35 pm
PaulP well done
well done

I don't know these grills, but here's the criteria I use to evaluate any gas grill:

1. Number of burners (3 minimum).
2. Ability to do both direct and indirect cooking.
3. Ability to quickly get the grate to approx 600 degrees.
4. EVENNESS OF TEMPERATURE ACROSS THE GRATE.
5. Efficiency of grease control/capture system
6. Size of main cooking surface.
7. Quality of construction/durability.
8. Grate material.

Those are the main points. You'll notice that pretty doesn't make the cut. That means things like SS exterior, colors, etc. Evenness of grate temp is most important to me because I hate having to deal with hot spots and cool spots. The first three are quick eliminators, I won't even consider any grill that doesn't pass these tests.

YMMV
PaulP
If you don't like the food, have more wine

Post Mon Apr 12, 2004 11:34 pm
goop raw
raw

Well I have more information for everyone.

They are made by a company called Sure Heat in Keneshaw (sp), GA.
They have 5 models and range from 2 burners (stripped compared to all the others). Basically, the first model has 2 burners then the next has 3, then 4, then 6 and then 6 plus an infrared burner in the seventh burner position to act as a searing area. So I would assume that indirect cooking would not be a problem. I have not done this myself yet.
This week we are having a big grill sale and will probably end up cooking all weekend long.
Anyone have any ideas on what to cook from past experience at something like this?
As far a the temp goes, the gauge goes to 900 degrees. I have had it over 700 in the first break-in initiation, so it get really hot.
We did 15 hamburgers the first and only time out and they all burned evenly. I had too much heat. A long story short. We tried to make the garlic herb burgers via a short cut...fire!
The grease traps seen to work ok. No big complaints.
Plenty of cooking area, I guess. Although not as deep as some of the Thermador or Viking grills we have.
All the grates, except on the cheapest model which are porcelain, on the Frigidaire are made of 8mm stainless steel.
No Plastic shelves or powercoated parts at all.
Also, even the doors are double wall construction, same as the lid. They say it keeps the lid from warping and helps keep the outside of the lid cooler and saver to be around.

The seem like great grills. Spendy though: $699-$2000 not including assembly or delivery.
Hope this helps.

Later,
Goop

Post Mon Apr 12, 2004 11:44 pm
goop raw
raw

I noticed I missed a couple questions addressed to me.

They are currently only being sold through independent dealers. Mainly dealers who also sell appliances.

I work at a dealer in Cedar Rapids area and we just received them in a couple of weeks ago.
The above link to Frigidaire.com only shows 3 models but they have 5. We are waiting for the 2 larger models not shown on the website. They are 44" and 51". The 51" is the picture in the first link, livingincomfort.com.

Goop

Post Tue Apr 13, 2004 11:49 am
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

Goop, “What to cook?” is the question of the day!

If you are going for the WOW factor, there are chicken breasts under a brick, most people haven’t seen this. Also there’s beer can chicken, grilled deserts (the pineapple & pears are great), BBQ'ed cabbage, and don’t forget the bread or even a pizza.

If you want a longer cook that customers can watch off and on throughout the day, go for something indirect, like a beer can chicken done low-n-slow. Or one of your larger grills could rotisserie several chickens or a small whole hog.

If short prep time and cranking samples off the grill for customers to taste or buy are your goal, then you could do like our neighborhood home improvement centers and cook hotdogs, bratwursts, burgers & onions, and potato wedges. These are quick and simple. You can also slice some veggies like squash or zucchini.

It’s all in what you have time for and the end result you wish to attain.

Post Tue Apr 13, 2004 10:44 pm
hickory pete well done
well done

Welcome Goop, That's a great job...demo and selling new grills by Frigidaire. Looks like you bought the right book to get started. Good luck! :)

Pete

Return to General Discussion