Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Got my smoker

Got my smoker

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Wed Apr 07, 2004 7:27 pm
Zuieback raw
raw

Thanks for all of your help and suggestions. I just got the Weber smokey mountain, I can't waot to fire it up. After reading your rave reviews I supplemented my cook book collection with "how to grill", I already own the "bbq bible". Do any of you have any last minute suggestions or any ideas on which receipe I should start with first to set me up for success :lol:

Post Wed Apr 07, 2004 10:21 pm
hickory pete well done
well done

Welcome to the board Zuieback..You've started with two excellent books to assist you. It is all about experimenting and preference. Pick a recipe that appeals to you and go for it. One thing for sure, if it doesn't come out the way you like, don't give up. Sounds like you're off to a great start. Good luck,,,let us know about some of those great feasts that you prepare. :)

Pete

Post Wed Apr 07, 2004 10:38 pm
YardBurner BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

You Fool! You went to bed and haven't fired it up YET.

The WSM is very forgiving. I feel confident that what ever you try will come out OK. Just remember anything that comes out under smoked, can be fixed in the oven in short order. (I know it isn't purist but if it saves dinner when the in-laws are over it's worth cheatin').

YB

Return to General Discussion