Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Amount of charcoal in 22.5 inch Weber

Amount of charcoal in 22.5 inch Weber

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Mon Apr 05, 2004 12:37 pm
steede

I just got a brand new Weber Platinum One-Touch 22.5' Grill....wooohooo :D

It's assembled and ready to go, now I just got to get some meat on it. I did have one question though before I started. I noticed in the manual that it recommends using 57 (i think... 50 something at least) charcoal briquets when grilling. Is this right? For the most part I'm grillin' just two pieces of meat- one each for the wife and I. Do I need this much charcoal? On weekends when we're entertaining I can understand using more, but wouldn't think I would need that much for say two steaks or two chicken breasts.

thanks,
steede

Post Mon Apr 05, 2004 1:05 pm
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

steede your assumtion is correct. Use only the amount of charcoal required for the amount of food you're going to cook. Anything beyond that would be wasted. You would want more charcoal for two steaks, than say for two pieces of chicken. Sear the steaks and cook them fast, whereas the chicken should be cooked slower and all the way through.

Good luck with your new grill! :D

P.S. Feel free to join us.

Post Mon Apr 05, 2004 2:01 pm
steede

Bob-BQN,

thanks for the speedy reply. I'll take you up on your offer and join. This looks like a great forum.

-steede

Return to General Discussion