Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion help with squash ?

help with squash ?

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.

Post Sun Oct 09, 2005 11:20 am
Longmill well done
well done

Haven't done butternut on the smoker yet. When I do it in the oven, I cut em in half, clean, and put them cut side up for the duration. Take them out when they are soft. Use a small skewer to check. It's been a while, (last fall), but if memory serves, it takes about an hour at 350*. Since yours is smaller, I'm guessing about an hour & 1/2 - 2 hours on the smoker.

Hope this helps, a bit.
Longmill
CharGriller Super Pro SFB
Charcoal GOSM
Sunbeam gas grill

Post Sun Oct 09, 2005 11:38 am
chunk well done
well done

i haven't done a butternut in the smoker before, but i cook them in my weber kettle all the time. i always cut them in half (an easy way to do this is with a meat cleaver and mallot) and then cleaned out the seeds. then i put a dab of butter into each and a rounded teaspoon of brown sugar. after that i cook indirectly in moderate heat for about 40 minutes.

add or subtract time depending on your cooking environment. you'll know when there done because the will be soft to the touch.

good luck and let us know how they come out.
bbq galore bar-b-chef, charbroil silver smoker, weber smokey mountain, weber one touch silver, and weber smokey joe.

Post Sun Oct 09, 2005 7:41 pm
ThrRoff well done
well done

Smokey,

Great pictures. I would be interested in how you liked the squash. I have found that most vegetables can take on too much of a smoke taste, at least for my taste. How was it?

Post Mon Oct 10, 2005 4:15 am
Longmill well done
well done

That looks GOOD! Wishing I had a sandwich right now at 5:15 am. :)

Thanks for sharing!
Longmill
CharGriller Super Pro SFB
Charcoal GOSM
Sunbeam gas grill

Post Mon Oct 10, 2005 10:51 am
chunk well done
well done

looks good. how did you end up cooking the squash?
bbq galore bar-b-chef, charbroil silver smoker, weber smokey mountain, weber one touch silver, and weber smokey joe.

Post Mon Oct 10, 2005 11:12 am
zippy medium-well
medium-well

Pork looks great Smokey. How did the squash come out?
Kenmore 4 burner
Char-broil 18 1/2 kettle

Return to General Discussion