Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion What Happened to Dkirn?

What Happened to Dkirn?

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.

Post Thu Apr 01, 2004 10:19 am
dkirn well done
well done

Well unfortunately progress with the sauces has been very slow lately. We are in the process of building a new house and that is consuming not only my free time but also my "project" time as well. Have no fear I am not giving up - just going to be delayed by a few months. I still need to make a label selection and when they get finished I want to have everyone here vote for their favorite.

Post Thu Apr 01, 2004 10:21 am
dkirn well done
well done

As far as the preservitive issue - in my research there are two ways to preserve sauces: with chemicals or with natural ingredients. You can get creative and make some changes to your recipe that does not effect taste if you are using natural ingredients.

Post Thu Apr 01, 2004 11:01 am
YardBurner BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Grand Scale can probably attest to this as well. Living not to far away.

Kountry Kettle Kitchen in Lancaster. PA uses the tried and true hot water bath canning process. They do everything jams, jellies (habenero jelly, yum) , relishes and BBQ sauces in large tanks of simmering water.

The sauces don't have any preservatives either. Probably have enough salt and vinegar to keep most microbes at bay at least long enough to be used up.

Keep your sanity dkirn. It's gotta let up sometime.

Rob
Last edited by YardBurner on Thu Apr 01, 2004 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Thu Apr 01, 2004 11:33 am
MReynolds well done
well done

Dkirn, thanks for keeping us updated. Can't wait to see your finished product.
ImageImage
PETA - People Eat Tasty Animals

Previous

Return to General Discussion