Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion rump roast ?

rump roast ?

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.

Post Wed Mar 31, 2004 4:41 pm
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

Thanks Mike I'll pass that along! :D

The hamburger beef jerky is a tough chew just like the store bought pouches. I'm sure that a lot of the store bought stuff is ground-processed beef. The round reminds me of a Slim Jim, sort of (different flavor).

Here is a link to the Kit they used: Beef Jerky Kit

Post Wed Mar 31, 2004 5:12 pm
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

After thought:

The kids used the last of the cure and flavor packets that came with the kit. Does anyone have any tried-&-true jerky recipes? I've gleened several from the Internet, but looking for something with a testimony! We may even slice some of the good beef... :wink:

Post Wed Mar 31, 2004 5:32 pm
MReynolds well done
well done

What I've usually done is through trial and error to get a flavor I like. I even made a hot batch once flavored with Tobasco. :shock: Too bad nobody else liked it as well as I did. I just mix ingredients I like and then brine the meat in the marinade overnight or longer.
ImageImage
PETA - People Eat Tasty Animals

Post Wed Mar 31, 2004 7:47 pm
spfranz well done
well done

I experimented with jerky for quite some time. Wet seasonings, dry seasonings, etc. I always prefer making things from scratch but as it turned out, the Hi Mountain Seasonings company makes the best jerky cure and seasoning I've had.

You can find them at http://www.himtnjerky.com/ . My local Cub Foods also carries them. They come in many different flavors and I don't really care for any of them except the original jerky seasoning.

$7 will cure and season about 15 pounds of jerky.

Scott
I like vegetarians. Some of my favorite foods are vegetarians.

Previous

Return to General Discussion