Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Take the Vegetable Challenge!

Take the Vegetable Challenge!

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.

Post Tue Mar 30, 2004 7:40 am
BBcue-Z well done
well done

Vinsec,
I've posted an artichokes recipe a while back, here is the link:
http://www.barbecuebible.com/board/view ... artichokes

Post Wed Mar 31, 2004 11:40 am
hooohaa2 rare
rare

Right now I have an 18" charcoal grill, pretty cheap but it gets the job done. I am in school so I don't have a backyard to keep a larger grill, unfortunately. I have been searching for something I can stash in the back of my pathfinder, just carry it around with me all the time.

I hope to do the artichokes this weekend, I will keep you guys posted. If you haven't seen the recipe in The Bible yet, check it out, it looks incredible, not sure how many people would be able to say no to it.

Post Wed Mar 31, 2004 4:40 pm
Info@Workman Site Admin
Site Admin

I grill for a PE (picky eater) regularly, and the trick seems to be burning things. Yes, the more "done" it is, the more loved it is. I do sweet potato fries (just wedges tossed in oil and cajun salt) in the oven, but perhaps I'll try them on the grill. Other favorites include Steven's grilled zukes and squash, grilled portabellas (even you mushroom haters out there will like them), and of course asparagus.

One sidenote for the baba ghanoush discussion--it makes a great base for thinly sliced lamb chops. You can use a cheap cut of lamb that way and stretch it to feed a crowd. Just spike the eggplants with garlic, grill-roast them, skin them, and either follow a recipe or add a little olive oil, lemon juice, and seasoning (salt, pepper, cumin, cayenne) and toss it in the blender/food processor. Throw a little on the plate like you would mashed potatoes, and top with grilled lamb.

Info

Post Fri Apr 02, 2004 8:48 pm
BBcue-Z well done
well done

Info@Workman wrote:
One sidenote for the baba ghanoush discussion--it makes a great base for thinly sliced lamb chops. You can use a cheap cut of lamb that way and stretch it to feed a crowd. Just spike the eggplants with garlic, grill-roast them, skin them, and either follow a recipe or add a little olive oil, lemon juice, and seasoning (salt, pepper, cumin, cayenne) and toss it in the blender/food processor. Throw a little on the plate like you would mashed potatoes, and top with grilled lamb. Info

That is so true. In the Middle East, Baba Ghanoush is never served alone. It always accompanies some sort of lamb Kebobs. It goes well with any kind of meat, and so does Hummus.

Post Wed Apr 07, 2004 11:04 pm
JonM rare
rare

FWIW - I threw some jalepenos and pablanos on the grill when I smoked the brisket this weekend - they came out great - gonna make an awesome salsa...

J
JonM - Ft Myers
Chargriller with SFB
Charmglow gasser

Previous

Return to General Discussion