Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Indirect gas grilling on a 4 burner?

Indirect gas grilling on a 4 burner?

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Mon Sep 05, 2005 8:22 pm
Seattle-Q well done
well done

KInd of a novice question but on a 4 burner gas grill and i want to indirectly grill do i light the two end burners or the two left or right burners?

I have been doing the 2 left burners and placing the food on the right side and i got to thinking today that maybe i should be lighting the two end burners instead or am i thinking too much?

So do 2 ends or 1 side?

Thanks

Post Mon Sep 05, 2005 8:41 pm
royknives well done
well done

I think you should shut the two middle burners off..and light the out side burners on each side of center... :D

Post Mon Sep 05, 2005 8:51 pm

If you are doing something like BCC at temps higer than 300, turn off the two middle burners. If you are trying to cook at a low temp (below 250, like with a brisket or pork shoulder), you probably won't be able to have two burners on and still keep the temp low enough. In that case, just turn on one burner. You will probably have to experiment a little to get the temps right.
Jim
Weber Summit Platinum C4

Post Mon Sep 05, 2005 8:52 pm
zippy medium-well
medium-well

Seattle, It is definitly the two outside burners. I tried indirect grilling lighting the two right burners and it took quite awhile to cook as well as it did not cook evenly.
Kenmore 4 burner
Char-broil 18 1/2 kettle

Return to General Discussion