Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Iron Chef America

Iron Chef America

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Sat Mar 06, 2004 7:33 pm
Airfoils well done
well done

Just saw it advertised on foodnetwork. Maybe I'm late to the party but I watch foodnetwork sorta often and hadn't seen this advertised before. Looking forward to it. They had Mario on there. Hopefully Bobby Flay will be on too and I'll get the pleasure of seeing someone kick his butt up and down the street on national TV. :lol:

Post Mon Mar 08, 2004 11:29 am
Airfoils well done
well done

blackdog870 wrote:
Flay has already taken one whuppin' from the Iron Chef's. I reckon he may ask for a rematch.

Yeah, I have to say that butt whoopin he took has to be one of my favorite moments in foodnetwork history :D About the only thing that could top it would be a show entitled "Flay gets his lunch money stolen and thrown down the hill" :lol: But I'll settle for watching him having it handed to him again on this new show.

Post Mon Mar 08, 2004 12:11 pm
Grand Scale BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Correction he was on the show twice.
The first culminated in him standing on his cutting board and offending the crowd.
The second with him throwing the cutting board and still offending the crowd.
I believe he got beaten both times.

As an aside did you guys ever realize that "Chairman Kaga" is nothing more than an actor, best know for playing Jesus in the musical Jesus Christ Superstar.
I didn't.
Don't laugh.

Post Mon Mar 08, 2004 12:21 pm
Airfoils well done
well done

Man...I only saw one! How great it is to know there is yet more of Flay being humiliated that I've yet to experience! You brightened my day! :lol:
Last edited by Airfoils on Mon Mar 08, 2004 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Fri Mar 19, 2004 12:41 am
sharky medium-rare
medium-rare

Why the hostility towards bobby flay?

I enjoy his show!

Post Fri Mar 19, 2004 12:22 pm

sharky wrote:

I enjoy his show!

Can you say "jealousy"

Post Fri Mar 19, 2004 1:36 pm
sharky medium-rare
medium-rare

Anonymous wrote:
sharky wrote:

I enjoy his show!

Can you say "jealousy"

I guess that's one way to put it.
Some people might not like his style of food or cooking. I for one love it!

I get a lot of ideas from his shows, they insipre me to create my own versions of each.

I wish I got BBQ U here, but I don't:-(

Post Fri Mar 19, 2004 5:02 pm
hickory pete well done
well done

Sharky, on the opening page to this site there is information about Steven's TV show that is slated to start the 2nd season in April. Click on "Barbecue University" to see that info. It is carried on PBS where I live. You may want to check with your local PBS station to see if it is carried, and when it will be aired. Hope this helps.

Pete

Post Fri Mar 19, 2004 5:20 pm
Airfoils well done
well done

Anonymous wrote:
sharky wrote:

I enjoy his show!

Can you say "jealousy"

He's a pretentious arrogant punk that has no business representing BBQ nation. I can't get much past his grate on your nerves personality to understand he doesn't do much else than drown everything with vinnagrette and insult his guests and sidekicks.

Post Fri Mar 19, 2004 5:47 pm
sharky medium-rare
medium-rare

Airfoils wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
sharky wrote:

I enjoy his show!

Can you say "jealousy"

He's a pretentious arrogant punk that has no business representing BBQ nation. I can't get much past his grate on your nerves personality to understand he doesn't do much else than drown everything with vinnagrette and insult his guests and sidekicks.

Tell us how you really feel why don't you. He's definitely more into Grilling than BBQ and smoking food. I am too.

It seems the guy has done pretty well for himself with 2 shows on FoodTV and a couple of Hoppin restaurants to boot.
I don't like everything he makes, but he has some really good ideas! He thinks outside the box a lot... and that's what makes him good in my book.

BTW, I haven't used the word "punk" since High school. It's a joy to see it used here :lol:

Post Sun Mar 21, 2004 12:26 am

Maybe Airfoils has a thing against New Yorkers who use gas grills?

Post Tue Mar 23, 2004 5:59 pm
chagan well done
well done

Hey not ALL New Yorker's use gas grills :evil:

<---

No, it ain't burnt- it's barbecue

Post Fri Mar 26, 2004 12:13 pm
Airfoils well done
well done

sharky wrote:
Airfoils wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
sharky wrote:

I enjoy his show!

Can you say "jealousy"

Tell us how you really feel why don't you. He's definitely more into Grilling than BBQ and smoking food. I am too.

It seems the guy has done pretty well for himself with 2 shows on FoodTV and a couple of Hoppin restaurants to boot.
I don't like everything he makes, but he has some really good ideas! He thinks outside the box a lot... and that's what makes him good in my book.

BTW, I haven't used the word "punk" since High school. It's a joy to see it used here :lol:

Yeah, 'thinks outside the box a lot' isn't a term I've heard much since the late 80's but I'm glad you're here to make sure everyone's vocabulary is up to your standards despite the fact no-one cares.

Next

Return to General Discussion