I have definitly learned many great things from you fine forum folks and some great BBQ books
. Here are my top 10 things I'm so glad to know now:
1. Flames are not good under your food...ever
2. How much better a charcoal grilled steak tastes
3. Everything should not be grilled at the same temperature.
4. A good cut of steak is ruined by a marinade.
5. BBQ sauce is not a marinade, and is to be put on at the end to avoid blackened food.
6. You don't need a sauce to be BBQing.
7. How well charcoal grills control flareups.
8. That there is this wonderfull form of BBQ called indirect cooking.
9. How great real slow-cooked pork really is (Hey I'm a Texan!)
10. That everything is better cooked out on my porch rather than under my roof!
Keep your meat out of the flames! - Erik