Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion BBQ Grand Slam

BBQ Grand Slam

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.

Post Fri Mar 12, 2004 12:47 pm
YardBurner BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

I'm about 15 hours away from you. I'll call you when I leave and you can start the brisket.

Sounds like a full day of fun!

Let us know how it goes.

Post Fri Mar 12, 2004 12:57 pm
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

What can I say? Mop every hour and watch the internal temps of the meat. I like the chicken at 170, the pork butt at 195, and the brisket around 180. I have had a brisket go as high as 200 (first time using foil in the final hours) and it was still good eatin'. You can tell when ribs are done without a thermometer. :D I'd recommend using a remote probe themometer. You'll only poke 1 hole and it stays plugged the entire cook.

If at all possibe...take pictures for those of us that can't make it to Florida this weekend!!! :wink:

Post Fri Mar 12, 2004 1:23 pm
Grand Scale BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

That truely sounds wonderful! I'm jealous of your weekend.

You've inspired me to fire up the grill with something special.

Good Luck and have a great weekend!
TAKE PICTURES

Post Fri Mar 12, 2004 1:50 pm
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

See if one of your guests can bring a camera. Tell them it's a favor for all of grilldom. :wink:

Post Fri Mar 12, 2004 4:32 pm
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

I've not marinated brisket. I use the G.P. dry rub in “How to Grill” page 441 the night before and mop it hourly during the cook. It would be interesting to know if anyone else is doing it differently.

Post Fri Mar 12, 2004 9:26 pm
BBcue-Z well done
well done

This is what I marinate my Brisket in:
1 Recipe of your favorite rub
1/2 cup of Worcestershire sauce
1 small can of crushed pineapples- pineapples contain enzymes that tenderize the meat, plus the flavor is good too.
1 bottle dark beer
1/4 cup of cider vinegar
3 tbs of lemon juice
4 cloves of garlic-minced
1 tsp of dry thyme
1/4 cup of olive oil
Salt & pepper to taste

Apply the rub all over the brisket, cover and refrigerate for 2 hours. Mean while combine the rest of the ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Pour the marinade over the meat and refrigerate overnight. Cook the brisket as usual and use the remaining marinade to mop the meat through out the cooking time. Make sure you boil the marinade before use it to mop the meat.
Enjoy!

Post Sat Mar 13, 2004 8:26 pm
YardBurner BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

That depends on if you actually ever made it to bed after getting everything ready.

Post Mon Mar 15, 2004 9:18 am
Grand Scale BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

It's always 5 o'clock somewhere.

Post Mon Mar 15, 2004 7:57 pm
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

BlackDog, I'm happy to hear all went well. We may have had a small part in you success but you did the work and deserve a pat on the back. Just a thought...if you were not able to find a digital camera, most film processing center can save you filmed images to a CDROM :wink:

Return to General Discussion