Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Rotisserie Grilling

Rotisserie Grilling

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.

Post Sun Aug 07, 2005 10:18 am
jfm0830 well done
well done

Longmill wrote:
I'm guessing that it would fall apart as it gets done. However, it might work in a spit basket. ??

Is there such a thing? The more I use my rotiss the more I like it. A basket for the rotiss would open up some interesting possibilities.

Jim
2 Large BGEs
Kenmore Elite 6 Burner Gas Grill
BBQ Site: http://grillinsmokin.net

Post Sun Aug 07, 2005 10:57 am
Longmill well done
well done

Yep! I bought one from Lowes, if memory serves. CharBroil brand.

http://www.grilllovers.com/shopItemDeta ... ID=4184744

Haven't used it yet. I bought the CB spit and returned it. Kept the basket to use on the CG rotis that I ordered instead.

BTW, these folks also have several other accessories for the rotis.

Hope this helps.
Longmill
CharGriller Super Pro SFB
Charcoal GOSM
Sunbeam gas grill

Post Sun Aug 07, 2005 1:35 pm
RibeyeRayRay medium-rare
medium-rare

I tried a flat basket on slab of boneless salmon fillet, and I was not happy at the results. The heavy chrome center bar squish-cooked a heavy dent down the centerline of the meat . :evil: It even overcooked that area because the increased heat transfer of the heavier bar. :evil: This hard impression made the salmon look sooo UGLY! :evil: I cannot imagine a whole fish with its thickest point under that center bar would fare much better, IMHO.

I think the better idea is shown in the photo above, using only fish steaks...or perhaps dispensing with the basket altogther for fillets and larger fish steaks, and using the hot/clean/oiled grill method Steve R. speaks of so often. This also is considering the extra time needed to clean the rotisserie basket after all is said and done.

If I can ever get some photos posted, I will post a pic of this turner I got from my pops that is OLD...carbon steel, 3" wide, 1 foot long (not including handle) and is beautifully THIN and rather flexible. It works great for flipping things like fillets, fish steaks, and two burgers at a time! :)

Post Sun Aug 07, 2005 10:09 pm
jfm0830 well done
well done

Longmill:
Thanks for the pics and the link, I'll check them out. I must admit I've never seen that particular accesorie before.

Jim
2 Large BGEs

Post Sun Aug 07, 2005 11:46 pm
bbquy well done
well done

Philly,
That bass looks delicious! I did some Maco Shark on the grill tonight, yum!
currently: Jenn-Air 48,000 btu gasser, CG-Outlaw w/sfb, (3)Weber 22" Performer Gold, Weber Q

Post Mon Aug 08, 2005 3:25 am
Longmill well done
well done

jfm0830 wrote:
Longmill:
Thanks for the pics and the link, I'll check them out. I must admit I've never seen that particular accesorie before.

Jim

Thinking back, I'm sure that I found it a Lowes. If you have one nearby, you may want to take a hands on look at it.

Longmill
CharGriller Super Pro SFB
Charcoal GOSM
Sunbeam gas grill

Post Mon Aug 08, 2005 7:20 am
Grand Scale BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Cooking on a Rotiss is a fun thing to do. The more I think about it there is very little you couldn't do. Espescially with the right attachment. Check out Grill Lover's they have some really neat ones.
But as far as recipes go, just take your favorite ones and make them spin. It doesn't need to be "made for a rotiss."

Post Mon Aug 08, 2005 7:51 am
phillyjazz well done
well done

bbquy wrote:
Philly,
That bass looks delicious! I did some Maco Shark on the grill tonight, yum!

Mako is my favorite of all the sharks.. If you're a fan of shark, have you ever tried Blue Marlin ?? It's a nice fish in the shark/swordfish texture family. The raw meat is BRIGHT pink ..

Post Mon Aug 08, 2005 9:23 am
Combustis Maximus well done
well done

If you're shopping for a rotiss, don't forget to look at this one: http://ezqueinc.com/
Scroll to the bottom of this page for an appropriate picture: http://ezqueinc.com/about.htm

Post Mon Aug 08, 2005 4:59 pm
Jim B raw
raw

No Doubt about the E-Z Que Guys. I bought one a long time ago off the recommendations from users off the VIrtual Weber Bullet Board. And I could not be happier with my purchase. I have not gone wrong with one thing yet with it. I have the one for my Weber Kettle and it is absoluetly amazing way to cook.

Post Mon Aug 08, 2005 11:26 pm
bbquy well done
well done

Mako is my favorite of all the sharks.. If you're a fan of shark, have you ever tried Blue Marlin ?? It's a nice fish in the shark/swordfish texture family. The raw meat is BRIGHT pink.

I haven't had it for quite a while but I have had Blue Marlin once, it was given to me by a friend. I don't know if I can find it in a fish market though.
    currently: Jenn-Air 48,000 btu gasser, CG-Outlaw w/sfb, (3)Weber 22" Performer Gold, Weber Q

Post Wed Aug 10, 2005 6:51 am
    Argon medium
    medium

JFM,
    Longmill is correct in her memory. I bought the same basket at Lowes. Don't know if there are any in Mass? I checked the BBQ Galore website. They also have several rotiss accessories including the basket............Argon

Turbo Elite 4 Burner
    K-mart Special Meco Charcoal

Post Wed Aug 10, 2005 8:48 am
    jfm0830 well done
    well done

Argon:
    Thanks for the info. Here in Mass. Home Depots are everywhere, but Lowes are few and far between. The nearest one is about 40 minutes from where I live. Next time I head out in that direction I'll make some time to visit Lowes Never been to one, so it's about time anyways.

Jim
    2 Large BGEs

Post Wed Aug 10, 2005 9:17 am
    Bob-BQN User avatar
    well done
    well done

With the price of gasoline nowadays, a phone call is cheap. :wink:

Post Wed Aug 10, 2005 12:17 pm
    Argon medium
    medium

JFM,
    I rechecked the BBQ Galore site. Their version available over the internet is about $20 and is non stick. Also, their store locator indicates they have a store in next door to you in Connecticut ......................Argon

Turbo Elite 4 Burner
    K-mart Special Meco Charcoal

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion