Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Where's Steven's Show??

Where's Steven's Show??

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Fri Nov 07, 2003 9:09 am
hickory pete well done
well done

Steven's weekly show was replaced in this area (Detroit Public Television). I have not been able to find it on other days/timeslots. Is this a seasonal thing? I have even e-mailed PBS programming to voice a complaint. No response..Does anyone else have the same situation? If Steven reads this, are there any plans to expand?

Pete

Post Fri Nov 07, 2003 9:52 am
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

Same here it North Texas! I started watching Steve's show at 10:30a.m. on Saturdays. A few weeks ago I had to tape it since I couldn’t be home to watch. When I watched the tape I was extremely disappointed. BBQ-U was not aired that weekend. The following week was just as disheartening. After four weeks with no Steve and not being able to find any info on PBS.ORG I’ve concluded that PBS broadcasted BBQ-U’s 13 shows and changed programming. Why? It was a big hit! Bring Steve back!!!

Post Fri Nov 07, 2003 10:48 am
Grand Scale BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Don't worry too much, they've all been repeats the last few weeks anyway. I'm still catching them up here in PA.
I'm sure that that even if PBS did something stupid like dumping the show someplace like Food Network will pick him up.

Post Fri Nov 07, 2003 1:04 pm
chagan well done
well done

You are the lucky ones, I have yet to see ONE episode of BBQU because I have Directv, and they only broadcast on the local PBS stations, which I don't get. I have asked the site admin if there was going to be a DVD or VHS tape released which included ALL shows, but didn't get a satisfactory answer. Actually Steven responded directly and told me to check my local listings. I already did-not to be found. :evil:

No, it ain't burnt- it's barbecue

Post Fri Nov 07, 2003 2:13 pm
Grand Scale BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Try checking PBS directly, sometime you can buy episode of shows direct from them.

Post Fri Nov 07, 2003 6:55 pm
dkirn well done
well done

I have the same problem in St. Louis - BBQU has not been on in over 2 months. I would love to see the repeats - it always got me in the mood to grill on Saturday afternoon (OK so I really do not need much encouragement to grill)

Post Fri Nov 07, 2003 10:05 pm
hickory pete well done
well done

I finally received a response from Detroit Public TV. The response was that " The BBQ program is seasonal and will return next spring". That's not the answer I was hoping for, but at least I understand what happened. I wish they would show reruns. Many times there's things that get missed the first time around.

Pete

Post Sun Nov 09, 2003 11:39 am
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

Here in Texas it's Q'in' season all year round. Sure wish they would bring BBQ-U back sooner!
Last edited by Bob-BQN on Wed Nov 19, 2003 9:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Mon Nov 10, 2003 9:21 am
hickory pete well done
well done

Maybe if enough people request that PBS programming put the show back on, or at the very least give us reruns, they might do it. They seem committed to providing programs that people enjoy.

Pete

Post Mon Nov 10, 2003 1:42 pm
TOMP rare
rare

It's just like PBS-Detroit. Play all the good shows when they want money, but then show the old re-runs later. When a new show comes aboard, they are quick to take it off or bounce it around different times! They did this with America's Test Kitchen also.

Post Mon Nov 10, 2003 2:16 pm
Grand Scale BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

PBS - It's our tax dollars at work.
Our New Mantra:
No New Taxes, More Steven Raichlen

Post Wed Mar 03, 2004 2:59 pm
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

Steven's BBQ BLOG states, and I quote, "April 3: launch of year 2 of BBQ U on Public Television Nation wide".

So I thought it worth mentioning on the board so everyone can check their local PBS listings and have the VCR's ready!

Countdown "T" minus 30 days and counting...

Post Wed Mar 03, 2004 11:12 pm
hickory pete well done
well done

Thanks Bob, I didn't see that one. I know that I sure am looking forward to some of Steven's new shows.

Pete

Return to General Discussion