Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Barbecue Show Case

Barbecue Show Case

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.

Post Mon Mar 01, 2004 10:40 pm
Airfoils well done
well done

Looks good Bob but when I click on the pics for a bigger view nothing happens :(

Post Mon Mar 01, 2004 11:18 pm
hickory pete well done
well done

Great pictures, Bob. Looks like you've been pretty busy during the last few weeks.

Pete

Post Tue Mar 02, 2004 9:54 am

Awesome pictures Bob. As I sit here drooling into my keyboardawaiting the arrival of my new smoker.
So many things I want to smoke......................I think I will have to jump in [i]butt first! :mrgreen:

Post Tue Mar 02, 2004 11:32 am
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

Airfoils thanks for pointing out the broken links on those pictures. :( It was working for me because they were pointing to my local hard drive.

I think it's fixed now. :? Try them again and let me know! Click Me
Last edited by Bob-BQN on Wed Mar 31, 2004 6:21 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post Tue Mar 02, 2004 2:29 pm
Airfoils well done
well done

Bob-BQN wrote:
Airfoils thanks for pointing out the broken links on those pictures. :( It was working for me because they were pointing to my local hard drive.

I think it's fixed now. :? Try them again and let me know!

http://www.romineinc.com/users/upload/j ... tures2.htm

Much better Bob, those look fantastic! The Mr. Brown and smoke ring you have on your pork is marvelous!

Post Tue Mar 02, 2004 2:55 pm
BBcue-Z well done
well done

Awesome pictures Bob!
As I mentioned before I have the same kind of smoker. I noticed from the turkey and brisket pictures that you did not use the water pan. Did you omit it for a reason?
I Also noticed when I leave the cover off on the smoke box, the chunks burn much easier and give out more smoke. Have you tried this before?

Post Tue Mar 02, 2004 3:01 pm
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

Z the brisket rack is pulled out a little and is blocking the view of the water pan, but it is there and full. The water did dry out before the pork shoulder was done (12 Hours) and I didn't replenish.

I've never tried the smoke box without the top. I'll give it a try next time. Guess I figured the wood would ignite without it.

Post Tue Mar 02, 2004 8:34 pm
BBcue-Z well done
well done

Thanks for the reply Bob.
If the wood chunks were well soaked they shouldn’t ignite. That never happened to me yet (and I use it often). I also put two foil loaf pans on either side of the burner, which helps catch some of the dripping and gives me a place to empty the smoke box. I like to hold on to the amber pieces inside the smoker, I think they contribute to the flavor.

Post Tue Mar 30, 2004 7:46 pm
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

Here's a link to the March 2004 Bob-BQN page: Pictures 3

Let me know if you can't get to the enlaged photos by clicking the thumbnails. We have a problem last time.

You can also get to it by clicking the "WWW" button on any of my posts. Hope you enjoy! And as always I encourage more of you to do the same, "Share the Obsession".

Bob.

Post Tue Mar 30, 2004 8:55 pm
BBcue-Z well done
well done

Awesome pictures Bob!
Only a true BBQ master can put a spread like that. I can’t stop looking at the pix.
Thank you for mentioning my recipe. Looking forward to your next BBQ adventure.

Post Tue Mar 30, 2004 11:06 pm
ThrRoff well done
well done

Bob,

Page 3 is the best yet! I am in awe at your q'ing ability and your photography.

Post Tue Mar 30, 2004 11:20 pm
hickory pete well done
well done

Bob, all of that food sure can make a person hungry. Everything looks like it is done to perfection right on down to the "Wonderfulicious" T-bones & Rib-eyes.

Pete

Post Wed Mar 31, 2004 1:35 am
sharky medium-rare
medium-rare

Bob-BQN -

Looking good! I like your presentations at the end!

I've got some photos posted over on www.sharky.com . Feel free to check it out and contribute!

I will be adding a daily Grilling blog within the next few weeks. I love taking pics of what I cook, wether good or bad! My wife likes to make fun of me beacause I take 10-15 pics everytime I am out there on the grill!

Post Wed Mar 31, 2004 10:34 am
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

Thanks guys! I had to reduce the size of the pictures. I was starting to use a lot of server space. On the up-side, they should load about ten times faster now!

The wife has gotten used to the fact that the camera is a part of the meal. Almost like saying Grace. But the kids still like to poke a little fun. :)

Anyone else keeping a photo journal be sure to let us know when you update!

Post Wed Mar 31, 2004 11:29 pm
AndyC

Hi all! Yall got me inspired to do this. I just started my bbq log today but here's the 1st item :P

http://catertots.net/ipw-web/bulletin/b ... ic.php?t=4

I'll be adding more everyday, its pretty fun! I'll be breaking out the smoker for this weekend 8)

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion