Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion GLOVES for BBQin

GLOVES for BBQin

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Sat Jun 21, 2003 1:41 am
NYC BBQ

I made some beer can chicken today and got burnt one too many times, need to get a pair of gloves for this and other kinds of meats.

Does anyone know what kind of gloves are best for use with the bbq?
Also, where could i buy them. Most importantly the type of gloves and
possibly a company

Post Sat Jun 21, 2003 3:40 pm

The Pros all use welder's gloves. You can buy them at welder's supply stores or possibly a laarge hardware store. An alternative (may be hard to get in summer) is fireplace gloves. These things are leather and really heavy, enough so that you can pick up a burning log and feel barely warm inside the glove.

Post Sat Jun 21, 2003 5:37 pm

You may want to try firefighter gloves. I am a firefighter so I have access to them but gall.com has them.
If you Bring it to my house I better be able to drink it or put it on my grill

Post Sat Jun 21, 2003 10:15 pm
NYC BBQ

Thanx guys. One more question.
How do u know the gloves are clean enough to touch food with?
Also, what do you use to clean them?

Post Tue Jun 24, 2003 11:24 pm
spfranz well done
well done

I use welder's gloves but I don't normally handle food with them as I also use them for grabbing handfuls of charcoal, etc. However, when I do need to pick up food with them, I just toss a piece of foil over the food and then grab it with the gloves on.

Scott

Post Wed Jun 25, 2003 1:38 pm
jlonewolf

Hi,

We have a product up here in Canada from a compay called Starfrit (they make kitchen gadgets).

They are a silicon oven mitt that withstands temperatures upto 575F and are dishwasher safe. They are the best.

I have attached a link.
http://www.canadiantire.ca/assortments/ ... nt=primary

If theis doesn't work then just goto
http://www.canadiantire.ca
and do a serach for starfrit

Hope this helps,
Jlonewolf[/b][/url]

Post Mon Jul 07, 2003 12:25 am

I just use the long green ones you find at Wal-Mart in the grilling section. They work great, but with proloned time of using my "coal" tongs to arrange the coals, they get hot. My coal tongs are normal grilling tongs that I didn't like so I use them for coals and sometimes to put the uncooked meat on the grill.

Return to General Discussion