Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Pulled Pork

Pulled Pork

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.

Post Tue Feb 24, 2004 5:16 pm
spfranz well done
well done

I'm with Bob on this one. A remote thermometer is the best way to go for big chunks of meat done low and slow. Just don't use them at higher temps as they'll burn out (from someone who's done just that). If you want to spend a little extra cash, the wireless models are nice. There are a couple of different brands out there and a few of them have two probes. That makes it nice for monitoring both the meat temp and the grill temp.

Scott
I like vegetarians. Some of my favorite foods are vegetarians.

Post Tue Feb 24, 2004 5:29 pm
spfranz well done
well done

For what it's worth, Redi-Chek makes a dual probe thermometer made specifically for a smoker. Two probes - one for meat, one for the grill. The grill probe has a piece that holds it at grate level. Both probes use one transmitter and there's a wireless receiver for the house. $40 for the whole works. You can find it at http://www.thegadgetsource.com/011502013733.html .

Scott
I like vegetarians. Some of my favorite foods are vegetarians.

Post Tue Feb 24, 2004 7:37 pm
Airfoils well done
well done

For what it's worth I'd like to put in a good word for a oak/hickory blend when smoking Carolina Q. I like it and so does the world famous Lexington BBQ as well as WIlbur's. If those 2 are using it that should tell you something right there.

Thanks for going through the trouble of typing all of that out for him Bob.

Post Tue Feb 24, 2004 10:04 pm
Craig medium-rare
medium-rare

I stand corrected Airfoils, can't believe the oversight of mine on the drip pans. Too much hickory smoke inhalation made me delusional.
And as a fellow Carolianian, I'm with you on the brine deal. I like new things, but I'll stick with the old school on this one.
Craig

Previous

Return to General Discussion