Board index Barbecue Board Best BBQ Joint Smokey Bones For Lunch!

Smokey Bones For Lunch!

What's your favorite place (aside from your backyard) to eat BBQ?
Post Wed May 04, 2005 4:53 pm
ajhunter well done
well done

Hey all,

Here in Indy, there is only one joint worth spending money at, Smokey Bones. Today, I had a combo of Pull Pork, Smoked Brisket and Smoked Sausage. It was very good. I could tell that they use a lot of chilli powder in the rub. I think rubs should have a spicey but unique taste and not so much of one thing that you can easily pick it out. It was so good in fact that I did not need any sauce (to me that real Q). What do you all think of Smokey Bones in your areas?

Tony
2 WSMs, CG
KCBS CBJ

Post Wed May 04, 2005 5:07 pm
Trout medium
medium

I went to the one in Mentor, OH last year. The food was pretty good (the corn bread with pecan butter was great). I liked how htey had TV's all over the place and each table had speakers so you could choose which channel to listen to. I'd go again if I had the chance.

Post Thu May 05, 2005 7:34 am

Went to the one here in Albany New York a few times already. The food is great! Nice smokey flavor and done just right.

-Adrian

Post Sat May 07, 2005 1:37 pm
gservant

I go to the one in Morrow, Ga, and the food is [/b]OFF THE CHAIN!!!

Post Fri Jun 17, 2005 9:56 am

My wife took me to the Smokey Bones in Douglasville, GA for my birthday last year. That was my first visit. Several of my friends had been there and I finally got to go.

Loved the BBQ Nachos so much that we have to make it at least once or twice a month at home. My wife got the BBQ chicken and fell in love with it. I had the Baby Backs (of course) and to my suprise, they tasted a lot like my own. Of course theirs was better but as far as the rub and the overall taste, I thought I was at home. My wife even commented that the ribs tasted like mine.

All in all it was a good trip. Can't wait to have another birthday or get up a trip that way so we can stop again.
Ole Smokey
www.olesmokeybbq.blogspot.com

Chargriller Super Pro w/SFB
WSM

Post Fri Jun 17, 2005 10:39 am
Smokin Joe medium
medium

A Smokey B opened here in Ft. Myers Florida last year but I haven't tried it, I tend to shy away from chain food joints. But after reading your posts I feel obliged to check it out :) Thanks for the imput.
Grillin' in the Sunshine State

Post Sat Jul 09, 2005 12:39 pm

Went to the newly opened Smokey Bones in Houston. If this is what people are calling good, they have not eaten real barbecue. Sausage tasted like it was cooked in a pan and had no flavor. Brisket had a ton of fat and was cut with the grain. It did have a good red line. After complaining to the management he brought me properly cut brisket (cut across the grain) with a lot less fat. Three barbecue sauces were only fair. My wife got the pulled pork and she liked it. I won't be back.

NB

Post Sun Jul 10, 2005 8:58 pm
norder

Try to come to the Lina's and see what it's all about!

Norder
Charlotte, NC

Post Thu Feb 16, 2006 11:30 am

I have to agree about the one in Houston. Most disgusting sausage I have ever had. First time I have ever left sausage on my plate.

Post Fri Feb 17, 2006 7:54 am
Blitzbq

Chain restaurants are only OK if there are absolutely no other options. Try to seek out a local restaurant whenever possible. They are almost always better.

The best new BBQ restaurant on Long Island is the Hog House - it is as authentic as one gets in New York.

Post Fri Feb 17, 2006 11:56 am
SeaRay Cpt

The Smokey Bones in Chattanooga is unfit for human consumption. The pulled pork feels pre-chewed and the ribs seem to tast only of black pepper.
Brunswick stew is more of a Brunswick soup, but is good. Go there to drink and watch football, eat your Q at a local joint.

Post Wed Feb 22, 2006 1:17 pm

OK chain food that works only if there is nothing else..
Dave in PA

Post Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:03 pm
Leatherneck well done
well done

I ate at the Smokey Bones in Fredricksburg, Va today and the pork was real good. That's all I had, but I'll definately go back.

Post Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:37 pm
Village Idiot well done
well done

I ate at Smokey Bones last week with some friends. I had the pulled pork/brisket platter. Both were really good. I like the fact that the sauce is served on the side.
I'd definitely go back.
Chargriller with SFB
Home-made charcoal basket
Maverick ET-73

Post Mon Apr 30, 2007 12:30 pm
phlydude medium-well
medium-well

I've eaten at the Smoky Bones in Warwick, RI, the one in Langhorne, PA and the one in Orlando on US-192. All were decent and tasty just fine to me....
Granted, living in Philadelphia all my life with propane grilling has not afforded me the opportunity to get down with some real BBQ...
There are some places I will have to check out along with experimenting on my own.
Weber 22" One-touch Gold, Kenmore 4 burner gasser

Next

Return to Best BBQ Joint