Board index Barbecue Board Testimonials More Than Just Improved Grilling

More Than Just Improved Grilling

Share your war stories, your successes, and how Steven's books have changed your cooking from charburgers to grilling magic.
Post Sun Feb 15, 2004 12:37 pm
stickman medium
medium

Hi all,
I always liked grilling and had a few "secret" recipes for steaks and burgers. When BBQ Bible came out, my repertoire expanded substantially with crowd pleasers like the Bengali shish kebabs and bool kogi I made for friends.

I have also gotten HTG, and BBQ USA, but I have to say that besides being able to make better meals at home, the best side-effect from the books has been exposure to many new cultures and cuisines. I have always enjoyed trying different ethnic meals. However, I continue to learn much more about dishes from specific parts of the Middle East, Indonesia, and Asia by reading Steven's books.

This increased awareness has helped me better appreciate trips to the many ethnic restaurants in the area (I live in Northern Virginia), and we have Maryland Public Television on our cable system so the Mrs. and I get to enjoy BBQ U every Saturday.

Thanks again to Steven for improving our backyard cooking prowess and teaching us how it is done on other parts of the planet.

Better living (and understanding) through food!
Stickman
Last edited by stickman on Sun Mar 25, 2007 1:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Sun Feb 15, 2004 1:20 pm
hickory pete well done
well done

Hi Stickman..Welcome to the board. I hope you enjoy it here. You're right about the books. They open up a whole new world of grilling. The books are good for ideas, and they have provided me with great reading also.

Pete

Return to Testimonials