Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Image hosting

Image hosting

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Fri Feb 13, 2004 1:11 pm
Airfoils well done
well done

Does anyone know where I can sign up for a site that will host images for me that I can link here? I'd like to have full control over it. I do have an extra machine here at my home that I could install a web server on but am not familliar with permissions for outside internet users. I have a BBQ adventure I had in Cabo San Lucas Baja recently I would like to share in pictures.

Oh, and Bob, the board isn't letting me use the liscence plate but I'm pretty sure I'm using the code correctly. Does it have to be by itself? Because I've done it inclusive with my current SIG which I'm sure GS loves :lol: :P

Post Fri Feb 13, 2004 1:40 pm
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

Have you asked your Internet Service Provider if your contract with the allots you any Webpage space on their server?

A graphic in the sig can be accompanied by text the same way as the body of a message, (with one limitation). You can only have 100 characters maximum in your signature. Private message or email me the code you're using and I'll take a look. (If you tried this anytime yesterday you may have had it correct. Our server was off-line yesterday, 12 Feb 2004, and noone's plates were showing up. So you might try again.)

Post Fri Feb 13, 2004 2:29 pm
Info@Workman Site Admin
Site Admin

I agree with Bob--try using up any free space your ISP allots first. Hosting images of any size can get pricey. If you've got a static IP, you can usually set up a computer at home as a server more easily (as much as it pains me to admit, more easily if it's a mac . . . ).

Check your ISP's documentation, most of them have a lot of good DIY info.

Info

Post Fri Feb 13, 2004 4:39 pm

Thanks but my wife has claim on the ISP space and has it all used up. I'll see about hosting myself but that means I'll have to rebuild a 550MHz machine I have sitting here doing nothing.

Post Fri Feb 13, 2004 5:13 pm
YardBurner BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Hey! I heard that about Macs. Been using them since 1986.

I know, I know computers are just like grills. You use what you've got and what you like.

Post Fri Feb 13, 2004 9:30 pm
Grand Scale BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

So in essence what we're saying is...

Macintosh = Gas
IBM = Charcoal

So do I redeem myself a little bit in that I'm an IBM guy?

Post Sat Feb 14, 2004 12:48 am
ThrRoff well done
well done

I use Yahoo's hosting service. Its about $13 a month, and so far there is plenty of space. I would be willing to post a few pictures there. Just send them in an e-mail.

Post Sat Feb 14, 2004 3:16 am
chagan well done
well done

Yeah but try to integrate Macs into a Windows 2000 Server environment- hah. Unix based OSX so they say, but try to get LDAP to work! Sorry, just needed to vent.....

No, it ain't burnt- it's barbecue

Post Sat Feb 14, 2004 6:24 pm
ThrRoff well done
well done

Chagan,

You are way beyond me..........Back to BBQ and grills.

Return to General Discussion