Board index Barbecue Board Best BBQ Joint Favorite Steakhouse?

Favorite Steakhouse?

What's your favorite place (aside from your backyard) to eat BBQ?

Post Thu Jun 16, 2005 9:15 am
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

Howdy Cooker, welocme to the board! :D Glad you joined us.

Post Sat Jun 25, 2005 11:58 pm
cookie234 raw
raw

Leatherneck wrote:
There's a Ruth Chris around here that I've been wanting to go to, but I heard it's pretty expensive. Don't they have a shirt and tie dress code too?

:roll: : Expensive almost covers it!!! Outrageous is more likeit.Does valet parking tell you anything?
Cookin' up a storm in Minnesota.

Cookie

Post Mon Jun 27, 2005 9:02 am
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

Welcome to the forum cookie234! :D

Post Wed Jun 29, 2005 12:18 am

One of the best steaks I've ever had was in DC at Smith & Wollensky. Mortons in Atlanta is very good and I hear NY Prime is awesome. Ruth Chris' is good but not the best, imho. Check out the Stockyard in Nashville when you go there and that will leave you satisfied to say the least, great cuts of beef. Finally, the best Prime Rib ever tasted was in Pensacola at a great Irish bar near the Bay,

Post Tue Aug 16, 2005 9:19 pm
ADfan medium-rare
medium-rare

I haven't been to the Morton's or Ruth Chris Steakhouses but I here they are very good.
Long Beach has a place called 555 East that prepares a fantastic steak. An for hidden gem's, Maria's in Bellflower is very good. She serves choice meat and always has a small rib-eye on the menu for about $11.95 that can't be beat.

Post Wed Aug 17, 2005 6:11 pm
Tia Gwen rare
rare

iI've been to both Mortons(in Illinois) & Ruth Chris (in Vegas). They are excellent but extremely expensive.

There's also Gibsons in Chicago on Rush Street.

If you live in the SW Burbs - Gibons Gardens at 143 & Oak Park Ave, has
wonderful prime rib, but I suggest you go w/a big appetite. You can
also try "Krapils" on 111th Street, east of Harlem Ave in Worth.
They have the best baked potatos, served w/butter & sweet paprika!
Tia Gwen

Post Wed Aug 17, 2005 6:49 pm
kiltedcook well done
well done

One thing I can say for Ruth Cris (expect that it is fantastic, but expensive) is that they are one of the only places in the US where you can get 30 year old Glenmorangie Single Malt Scotch. TO DIE FOR!!! Especially if you're taking a client there and can put it on your expense account..... yehaa!!!!

Char-Griller Super Pro w/SFB

Barbequed Haggis Anyone?

Post Tue Aug 30, 2005 2:38 pm

Ok, my first two attempts at posting here didn't work, so hopefully this does. This is the truncated version of my favorite steakhouses, ranked in order.

1) Manny's - Minneapolis, MN
2) Gibson's - Chicago, IL
3) Mr. B's - Milwaukee, WI

Post Tue Sep 20, 2005 10:33 am
foxspit medium-rare
medium-rare

Misty's and The Steak House are two long-standing traditions in Lincoln, Nebraska. I also like Skeeter Barnes, a new Nebraska chain of steakhouses.

Truth be told -- like most everybody here, I'm sure -- I cook a better steak than most restaurants ... as long as I have a good cut of beef. My father-in-law is a rancher, so the best meat I can get is never store-bought.

Here's a nice rundown of dining (and other) traditions in Lincoln, courtesy of Sports Illustrated/CNN.
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2003/sioncampus/09/10/road_trip0916/

Post Wed Sep 28, 2005 1:23 am

Circus Circus is Las Vegas' best kept secret. They have a steak house that is very very good. I had a 1" NY Strip that was a perfect medium wich is how I like em.

Post Fri Oct 14, 2005 7:26 pm

For Los Angeles members, try the Porterhouse Bistro on Wilshire Blvd in Beverly Hills. Expensive is an understatement, but the steak was without a doubt the most delicious single piece of food I've ever eaten.

Post Wed Nov 30, 2005 4:05 pm
QMan raw
raw

As a big steak lover, having tried dozens of upscale steakhouses, the Smith and Wollensky chain still consistently prepares the best steaks, in my opinion. They use extremely high heat in preparation, which delivers a flavorful crust, and provides the contrasting texture that gives the steak a personality at medium rare. In contrast for example, Morton's, (and several other so-called high-end steakhouses), seem almost "boiled".

To replicate S&W at home, select steaks with plenty of marbling and produce a fire hot enough to singe your eyebrows. (by the way, this is impossible to do on a gas grill).

QMan

Post Wed Nov 30, 2005 4:28 pm
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

Welcome to the board QMan! :D

Post Thu Dec 01, 2005 12:05 am
Leatherneck well done
well done

If y'all ever get down my way try out the Nicholson House. Me and my wife make it a point to eat there every time we go home. It's changed hands a few times, but every time I eat there I like it.

http://www.nicholsonfarmhouse.com/

Post Mon Dec 12, 2005 8:34 pm
CRUBOS raw
raw

The Best Steak House in the San Gabriel Valley Area is Pinnacle Peaks. They are known as the "House of the famous Cowboy Steaks". I have tried Ruth Chris, great steak but get out the gold card. Peaks, is casual and the mood is fun. You will not be disapointed with any of their steaks. My favorite is the Cowboy (T-bone). They also serve the Trail Boss (porterhouse, bring your appetite). The Ribs and chicken are so-so. They are located in the City of San Dimas near the corner of San Dimas Ave and Route 66.

Happy Q-ing all

Crubos 8)
(Glendora,Ca)

PreviousNext

Return to Best BBQ Joint