Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Chimitambre

Chimitambre

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Fri Feb 06, 2004 10:18 pm

Maybe its sacrilege, but I had some left over matambre I made using the How to Grill recipe, so I put some in quesadillas and thought, not bad.

Then a light went off. I got a fryer for christmas, so I rolled the rest up in tortillas and fried it like a chimichanga.

Some might think that's plain wrong, but darn if it wasn't good.

I call it Chimitambre.

Post Fri Feb 06, 2004 10:22 pm
phillyjazz well done
well done

Your cardiologist will one day thank you for your discovery. It sounds darn tasty ... Did you figure a way to put cheese in it ?????

Post Sat Feb 07, 2004 11:53 am

phillyjazz wrote:
Your cardiologist will one day thank you for your discovery. It sounds darn tasty ... Did you figure a way to put cheese in it ?????

I fried the Lipitor right into it. HAHA. As for cheese, I didn't add any inside since the matambre already had some in it, but let some melt over the outside after I was finished. I do like cheese those.

Do you thonk it would just get too melted and oliy if I put it inside befoore frying it. When I get a good chimmichanga they have cheese in them but its way inside to get the shortest cooking heat. Maybe I'll unroll the matambre just a little and add some queso next time.

Return to General Discussion