Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion BBQ University

BBQ University

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.

Post Mon Feb 02, 2004 12:40 pm
hickory pete well done
well done

Ralph, You're very fortunate to be going to BBQU. I would be content to just be able to catch some of the shows on the local PBS station here, but I have to wait until Spring before they are aired. Looking forward to hearing about your experience.

Pete

Post Mon Feb 02, 2004 3:31 pm
BBq U

Ralph--Your wife can golf, ride horses, drive land rovers off-road, play tennis, go to the spa and have a treatment, and a must for both of you is to sign up as soon as you get there to go on the bunker tour. This is a tour of the once top secret bunker that was built underneath the Greenbrier back in the 40's or 50's, where congress would have been sent during a nuclear attack on the US. It is absolutely amazing. It is now decommissioned so that is why we all know about it.

rick

Post Mon Feb 02, 2004 3:34 pm
Rick rare
rare

For some reason my reply came back to you as if I was a guest today. sorry

Rick

Post Tue Feb 03, 2004 4:05 pm
Grand Scale BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Rick- I've been to the resort a few time (unfortunately before BBQ U) and there is so much to do you won't believe it. My parents honeymooned there 30 years ago. They're renowned for their spa and therapy treatments. She could pamper herself the entire time I'm sure. They're are pools, shops, tennis, golf, horseback riding, carriage rides, hiking, fly fishing (classes too), bowling, sporting clays shooting, restaurants, movies, just plain old sight seeing and general relaxation. And more that I'm sure I missed.

I wish I were you, you lucky dog!

Post Tue Feb 03, 2004 10:30 pm
hickory pete well done
well done

I had no idea that the resort was THAT nice. I thought that maybe it was a nice place to just relax without much going on. I guess that it has a lot to offer, with something for everyone.

Pete

Post Tue Feb 03, 2004 11:53 pm
ThrRoff well done
well done

Sort of following Grand Scales idea......Maybe we could convince Steven and folks to have a special event at the BBQ university for people who frequent this board......hint, hint....

Post Wed Feb 04, 2004 9:31 am
Grand Scale BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

There ya go!!. A special BBQ U event for the board members. I'd be there!!

Post Wed Feb 04, 2004 2:16 pm
Info@Workman Site Admin
Site Admin

Okay, okay, I got the hint. I'm not making promises, but I'll take your idea to the powers that be.

Info

Previous

Return to General Discussion