Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Petition for Every Episode of BBQ U From All Seasons

Petition for Every Episode of BBQ U From All Seasons

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.

Post Sun Jun 12, 2005 3:28 am
Bolo medium
medium

I don't get the shows on my cable here in Vancouver Canada but I do get "Licensed To Grill". I love watching that show but I am not on his web site. I really hope we can receive the full season's of BBQU in the future. Thx.
"Baa Be Cue"

"It's Just Not For Breakfast Anymore"

Kingsford 22 1/2 inch Kettle BBQ

Post Sun Jun 12, 2005 12:57 pm
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

Stickman this thread is a stroke of pure Genius! 8)

There are so many that don't have a PBS station airing BBQ-U and other's that haven't seen all the episodes because a VCR malfunctioned or they just found out about the show and this site. Then there's those like myself....I have all the shows recorded but my reception is lousy and I would like to have them in a clean professional format.

Thanks for taking this discussion to the next level!!! :D

Post Sun Jun 12, 2005 2:01 pm
Grillslinger BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Didn't starts watching ntil this season and I have missed some. Yesterday they aired some stupid PBS begging you for money shows. I was so mad. I will buy every DVD that is released by Steven.

Post Sun Jun 12, 2005 10:51 pm
searcymanoffire well done
well done

Very Great Idea I'll sign.. 8)

Smoke in your eyes only Burns if it ain't from a smoker

Post Mon Jun 13, 2005 12:17 am
YardBurner BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

This thread is young!

Check back in a week and see what kind of responses you've received!

God luck in your new ventures.
Weber Summit E-470
Weber 22" MasterTouch
Performer One Touch
Traeger Lil Tex
New Braunfels Hondo
Bar-B-Chef
Weber Q-220

Post Mon Jun 13, 2005 1:21 am
bbquy well done
well done

Sign me up ! I would love to have these shows. I have yet to see this show where I live. The only show I've seen of Steve is on the food network for the bbq-u.

Post Mon Jun 13, 2005 5:59 am
Longmill well done
well done

Grillslinger wrote:
Didn't starts watching ntil this season and I have missed some. Yesterday they aired some stupid PBS begging you for money shows. I was so mad. I will buy every DVD that is released by Steven.

Same here. :evil: Doubt that I'll see another episode before July. Local PBS doesn't carry outdoor cooking shows all the time, so Steven may not be on when they finally resume normal programming. (Last year, they didn't repeat the season, as they usually do with most of their How-To shows.)

I'm looking forward to those DVDs!

Longmill

Post Mon Jun 13, 2005 7:14 am
MarinesFinest medium
medium

I looked all weekend for it ad didnt see it what time does it come on? Also i will buy the dvd's. and what is PBS?

Post Mon Jun 13, 2005 7:30 am
jrroz medium-rare
medium-rare

I'd buy it. There are so many little tips in there that I just miss from the books that I'd love to have a reference to watch before trying a new cut of meat or cooking method.

Post Mon Jun 13, 2005 7:37 am
Combustis Maximus well done
well done

I'm in. We just ditched the largest part of our cable bill and might ditch the rest. It's just not worth $45 per month. Steven's shows would be a most welcome addition to my library. I stumbled across one of his shows last summer which got me started on my Q adventure. I'd love to see all of them and cooking dvds are great to watch over and over.
I have several of Alton Brown's and I find them very helpful.

Post Mon Jun 13, 2005 7:46 am
Longmill well done
well done

MarinesFinest wrote:
I looked all weekend for it ad didnt see it what time does it come on? Also i will buy the dvd's. and what is PBS?

PBS = Public Broadcast tv - Here's a link with more info. You can look up the stations in your area, then check their schedules. http://www.pbs.org/aboutpbs/

Longmill

Post Mon Jun 13, 2005 1:34 pm
stickman medium
medium

Hi all,
In the interest of helping everybody see where they might be able to watch BBQ U (at least until we can get all the episodes on DVD :D ) here is the link that shows which stations broadcast the series along with days and times:

http://www.bbqu.net/wheretowatch.html

Note that PBS is viewer supported so fund drives (which are very necessary to stay on the air) and other events can change the schedules a bit, but hopefully this helps,
Stickman

PS: Keep the cards and letters rolling in - I have already decided I want Mrs. Stickman to give me all the episodes on DVD for my next birthday, which is in March. Hopefully we can generate enough interest to get the DVDs released - if not for March 06, then maybe by December!
Last edited by stickman on Wed Mar 29, 2006 1:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Mon Jun 13, 2005 7:41 pm
stickman medium
medium

Hi MarinesFinest,
PBS is the Public Broadcasting Service. Hereis a link to a quick overview: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PBS (be sure to scroll down to see the rest of the story).

Stickman

Post Mon Jun 13, 2005 8:27 pm
YardBurner BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Whichever Mod made this thread a sticky:
Thank you!

I was thinking on the way home,
(one of the few times a year that this phenomenon occurs!)

This needs to be a sticky!

Make it so.

Thanks.
Weber Summit E-470
Weber 22" MasterTouch
Performer One Touch
Traeger Lil Tex
New Braunfels Hondo
Bar-B-Chef
Weber Q-220

Post Mon Jun 13, 2005 8:51 pm
FATZ medium-rare