Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Sauce or vinnagrete for scallops?

Sauce or vinnagrete for scallops?

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Thu Jan 22, 2004 3:25 pm
Airfoils well done
well done

I have this recipe I got from the Weber Big Book of Grilling for scallops that I like. You lightly bread them in a mixture of bread crumbs, real parm cheese and spices. After grilling you garnish with lemon zest and chopped parsely. I really enjoy this but think a sauce would increase it's appeal and thought the creativity and imagination everyone displays here might be a help in finding something appropriate. Any ideas keeping in mind the flavors already present?

Post Thu Jan 22, 2004 3:58 pm
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

I haven't had scallops in a good while but if I remember they have a very light flavor. IMHO I believe vinaigrette would over power the dish. I would go with a light, thin cheese sauce or garlic butter sauce for dipping.

‘Sauces, Rubs and Marinades’ has a few sugestions as well; Chinese marinade, lemon pepper oil, and pineapple garlic glaze. I haven’t tried any of these.

Post Thu Jan 22, 2004 4:23 pm
chagan well done
well done

You also might try a butter-white wine-lemon juice combo, this usually goes well with any fish dish.

No, it ain't burnt- it's barbecue

Post Thu Jan 22, 2004 9:09 pm
dkirn well done
well done

I would have to second the butter-white wine-lemon juice sauce - I use that on anything seafood

Post Mon Jan 26, 2004 9:12 pm
Airfoils well done
well done

Thanks for the ideas, any wine prefference? Actually I was thinking of something cream based but your ideas sound good to try and matches well with the recipe. Thanks guys I knew I could count on ya :wink:

Post Tue Jan 27, 2004 12:43 pm
chagan well done
well done

All of the ideas sound good. I am no wine expert, so I asked my boss who knows a thing or 10 on the subject. He recommended a German Liberfraumilch (maiden's milk). Also on the table where a Rhine or a Chardonnay. We'll have to see what Dkirn recommends. HTH

No, it ain't burnt- it's barbecue

Post Sun Feb 01, 2004 10:27 am
dkirn well done
well done

When it comes to seafood, I am a Reisling fan my self

Post Sun Feb 01, 2004 10:17 pm
hickory pete well done
well done

My vote goes with garlic/butter sauce. :)

Pete

Return to General Discussion