Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Steve on Food Network!!!

Steve on Food Network!!!

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Sun Jan 25, 2004 10:15 pm

Hey guys he made it! I'm watching him on Food TV right now! Holy Smoke! Move over Bobby Flay, the REAL BBQ dude has landed on Food Network!

Congrats Steve! Give Flay a good kick in the pants for me! I can't stand that guy! Here's to more Reichlen on Food TV and less Flay! :D

Post Sun Jan 25, 2004 10:18 pm
Airfoils well done
well done

Ugh, forgot to log in, that was my post above :)

Post Sun Jan 25, 2004 10:47 pm
YardBurner BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

What the heck is goin' on!!!

Who said something about foodTV!!!

'Bout time !

Steve! What's with the quiet treatment.

Is this a one time thing or are you the host.

By the way, love the new cookbok. Have done several recipies already!

Thanks!!!

Post Mon Jan 26, 2004 10:34 am
Grand Scale BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

After checking the Food Network website it seems that we may have gotten our hopes up for nothing. I hate to be the bearer of bad news but it seems that the show you saw was part of their "Food Network Specials" series. Not a new series. This particular episode was called "BBQ Bootcamp". I'm sure they threw it in the lineup because of the Superbowl. Hopefully they'll come to their senses soon enough and give our main man Steve a show of his own! I know i for one won't miss an episode!

Post Mon Jan 26, 2004 10:57 am
Airfoils well done
well done

Its a foot in the door. I'm sure Steve isn't complainin. No bad news here.

Post Mon Jan 26, 2004 1:12 pm
stripegrill medium
medium

I also saw Steve last night but I believe Grand Scale is right when he says it is because of the Super Bowl. However, if you watched the show Top 5 before BBQ Bootcamp last night, Steve was the Number 1 favorite BBQ Fantasy. It talked of Bootcamp and his wonderful books. BUT, as I was flipping yesterday afternoon I came across BBQ U on a local pbs station. Ah, it warmed my heart to see him grilling in good weather!

Post Mon Jan 26, 2004 3:29 pm
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

Ya'll are makin' me want a satellite dish so I can watch the food network. I’m down here where the temps were in the mid 70’s this weekend. So why does it feel like I’m the one being left out in the cold? :(

Post Mon Jan 26, 2004 3:40 pm
Grand Scale BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Ya just had to go and throw in the mid 70's bit. And to think I almost felt sorry for you...

Post Mon Jan 26, 2004 4:08 pm
hickory pete well done
well done

Mid 70's?...I'm jealous. I've lost track of the amount of snow on the ground, it's snowing now, and we're suppose to get snow/freezing rain tonight along with a major snowfall. Oh, I remember the days when we had warm weather..seems so long ago. :(

Pete

Post Mon Jan 26, 2004 6:49 pm
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

If it'll make any of you feel better...we're supposed to get down to the mid twenties tonight. I'll let you know if I survive :lol:

Post Tue Jan 27, 2004 1:23 pm
TOMP rare
rare

The BBQ boot camp show is actually already about a year old. Food TV aired it last year abouth this time or maybe a little later. But it was still great to see again! My wife also watched it this time, and made the remark that would be something I would like. And also what the cost was. You never know, I may be going to BootCamp!!

I'm with Pete, just sitting here watching the frezzing rain and snow come down!

Post Tue Jan 27, 2004 1:31 pm
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

I just checked my local PBS listings and BBQ-U is on again, airing Fridays at 1:00 p.m. CST. I'll have to set my VCR! :D

Post Wed Mar 03, 2004 2:51 pm
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

Sadly :( this Friday is the last episode for BBQ-U. Maybe season two will air soon.

Post Wed Mar 03, 2004 3:37 pm

Bob-BQN wrote:
Sadly :( this Friday is the last episode for BBQ-U. Maybe season two will air soon.

Luckily I have most of season one Tivo'd.

Now if I could just get them to DVD :?:

Post Wed Mar 03, 2004 4:15 pm
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

David, I have a T.V. card in my computer at the house that works a lot like Tivo and I am able to burn shows to DVD. I recorded the BK griller commercial on the P.C. and did a little editing for my own amusement. The wife wants to transfer all our home movies to DVD. You would need a video capture card for your computer to transfer the shows.

Next

Return to General Discussion