Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Member and Guest Sign

Member and Guest Sign

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.

Post Fri Jan 23, 2004 5:43 pm
Grand Scale BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

CharcoalGrillinDaddy wrote:
Just picture someone standing out in a downpour soaking wet tending to the ribs while lightening flashing everywhere, a river flowing through my yard, and my neighbors grill covers flying through the air!

A man after my own heart!!

It's only when the animals start lining up two by two that I'll abandon my post at the grill, maybe not even then if I'm grilling Jack Daniels Ribs with a side of Pepper Poppers!!

Welcome aboard...Enjoy the insanity!

Post Fri Jan 23, 2004 7:44 pm
Dsorgnzd rare
rare

Quoth Charcoal Grillin Daddy:
Hey Everyone,

I'm a newbie to this group, but thank god I found it!

Greensboro isn't too far down the road from Roanoke, and it's my son's favorite place (he attended Guilford College for 3 years before changing majors and transferring elsewhere). If you like pulled pork barbecue, I assume you're familiar with The BBQ Forum. If not, click on this link: http://www.rbjb.com/rbjb/rbjbboard/

Have you ever attended the Blue Ridge BBQ Festival in Tryon? http://www.blueridgebbqfestival.com/

Post Sun Jan 25, 2004 11:45 am
chagan well done
well done

Grand Scale wrote:
It's only when the animals start lining up two by two that I'll abandon my post at the grill

That all depends GS, what if they are lining up AT the grill, you may have to make more. And there WILL be a head count afterward to ensure that a pair or two didn't end up in your super sized freezer :)

No, it ain't burnt- it's barbecue

Post Sun Jan 25, 2004 7:38 pm
Grand Scale BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Chagan that great! I'll set em up and you knock em down!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post Mon Jan 26, 2004 9:33 pm

Dsorgnzd wrote:

Have you ever attended the Blue Ridge BBQ Festival in Tryon? http://www.blueridgebbqfestival.com/

No I have not been to the one in Tryon. I am only about 30 minutes from the Lexington BBQ festival and believe it or not, I have not made it down there for that yet. I definitly am planning a trip to the Lexington one this year.
"I'm just another, Beer Drinking, Good Time Having, Regular Guy" - Quote from my apron

Post Sat Jan 31, 2004 12:30 am
2beast medium-well
medium-well

Hello all,
It looks like I've stumbled into the right place for Keepers Of The Flame like myself.
I have been running the grills (and usually the kitchen) for about 20 years. I (and my kids ) decided long ago that I prefer my cooking to my wifes so I would rather do it right than keep offering helpful suggestions. Sooo.............I cook, they clean up.
Lots of venison to go along with the usual mix of pork and birds.
Look forward to "grillin" you guys for more info.............................

Post Sat Jan 31, 2004 2:59 pm
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

Greetings 2beast and welcome to the Barbecue Bible. We'll look forward to a few helpful hints from you as well, as it sounds like you get plenty of grill-time in. See you around!

Post Sat Jan 31, 2004 6:32 pm
hickory pete well done
well done

Welcome 2beast..Looking forward to hearing about some of those venison recipes. Hope the board provides you with the information you are looking for. You do the cooking, and the family does the clean-up...That's a pretty good set-up.. :)

Pete

Previous

Return to General Discussion