Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Super Bowl Plans

Super Bowl Plans

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Fri Jan 23, 2004 10:27 pm
Brody rare
rare

We've traditionally had a small family party every year for Super Bowl Sunday. Pulled pork sandwiches are still the reigning favorite, but I haven't decided what to grill this year.

How about everybody else--any grilling plans/traditions for the big game day?

Post Sat Jan 24, 2004 10:49 am
Airfoils well done
well done

I'll be attending the game in Houston cheering on my Carolina Panthers!!! :D :D :D

Post Sun Jan 25, 2004 5:40 am
Craig medium-rare
medium-rare

We always cook the traditional hambuger & hotdog thing but this year its going to be ribs, coles slaw, baked beans, and beer

Craig

PS Airfoils, you lucky dog, how'd you score tickets?
I tried to get some, I was laughed at. I hope you enjoy!!!!!!!

Post Sun Jan 25, 2004 11:14 am
chagan well done
well done

For an occasion like this, I think that I will be picking up some porterhouse steaks. I will dust them nicely in the Char-crust product that someone on the board mentioned and I happen to find in the local supermarket. Then I will throw on hint of hotter than hell habenero rub for a slight kick. I will also make the Buffa-que wings (haven't made them in a while) and maybe a batch of Grand Scales secret (not any more) recipe. Maybe I'll be adventurous and grill up some fruit for dessert.

No, it ain't burnt- it's barbecue

Post Mon Jan 26, 2004 1:05 pm
stripegrill medium
medium

Airfoils,
I am soooo jealous! Enjoy the game. I will be sitting at home in frozen Chicago eating Wings a la Grand Scale, steak fajitas, and some grilled pineapple for dessert.

Post Mon Jan 26, 2004 3:20 pm
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

I'm still trying to get down to Houston to shop for a BBQ pit! Airfoils if you have time you might want to check out all the pit manufacturers while you’re in town. To reiterate Craig’s sentiment, “you lucky dog!” :wink:

Post Mon Jan 26, 2004 9:17 pm
Airfoils well done
well done

Thanks guys! :D This is my first Super Bowl and while the idea of combing Houston and checking out BBQ sounds good I won't have time for any of that but expect I'll find some good BBQ at the game somewhere. My charter lands in Houston around noon and departs right after the game. It'll be a really long day for me so I'll have to pace myself but I think I'll manage. 8)

Post Mon Jan 26, 2004 9:36 pm

I think I'm doing ribs too. GO PANTHERS!!!!!!
"I'm just another, Beer Drinking, Good Time Having, Regular Guy" - Quote from my apron

Post Tue Jan 27, 2004 10:19 am
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

Went and bought a couple racks of baby back ribs last night. I'll be nibblin' during the Game!

Post Tue Jan 27, 2004 9:48 pm
spfranz well done
well done

Sounds like ribs are a favorite this year. Just picked up three racks at Costco for pretty cheep.

Go commercials! Sorry, Vikings fan and we all now how great they turned out this year. Like this year should be any different than the rest.

Scott
I like vegetarians. Some of my favorite foods are vegetarians.

Post Tue Jan 27, 2004 10:47 pm
hickory pete well done
well done

We've bought ribs from Sam's Club and have been happy with them. Our membership just expired, and we were thinking about trying Costco, which is also near by. Any preference with Costco over Sam's?

Pete

Post Wed Jan 28, 2004 2:42 pm
Airfoils well done
well done

We have Sam's, Costco and BJ's all within drive of here and prefer BJs as they are the only ones that accept coupons.

Post Wed Jan 28, 2004 8:59 pm
spfranz well done
well done

My preference is Costco. They're closer to my house :D

Yeah, the George Foreman isn't really a grill, but it does make a nice quesadilla.

Scott
I like vegetarians. Some of my favorite foods are vegetarians.

Post Thu Jan 29, 2004 12:10 am
Airfoils well done
well done

spfranz wrote:
My preference is Costco. They're closer to my house :D

Yeah, the George Foreman isn't really a grill, but it does make a nice quesadilla.

Scott

:lol: George Foreman

Post Fri Jan 30, 2004 5:32 pm

Unfortunately, my grill died :cry: I wanted to do some steaks, but I guess I'll have to settle for Buffalo wings and meatball subs. Oh yeah, GO PATS!!!!!! :D

Next

Return to General Discussion