Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Barbecue Show Case

Barbecue Show Case

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.

Post Mon Jan 19, 2004 3:05 pm
Dsorgnzd rare
rare

Scott: I met and talked with Kim and David at Tryon last year, and sent Kim a couple of photos she could post on the Kamado forum. Super nice people! I enjoyed seeing the reactions of people who'd never seen a Kamado before, and Kim and David certainly generated some very positive publicity. I'm looking forward to seeing them again this year, at Tryon and maybe a couple of other competitions in our area.

Post Mon Jan 19, 2004 6:23 pm
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

Airfoils,

Yes that is skirt steak that was used for fajitas.

Everyone,

Wow! doesn't even begin to describe what I'm seein'. Those are some impressive photos! I know there are a lot more out there so keep those post coming. I'm starting a second ablum as soon as possible!
Last edited by Bob-BQN on Mon Mar 01, 2004 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Mon Jan 19, 2004 10:57 pm
ThrRoff well done
well done

spfranz -- Thanks for the recipe. It is on the "to cook" list.

I do like the pictures. Like Pete said, you guys are light years ahead of me .......

If I may adapt a saying from wine sipping circles:

There a few skills that are as pleasurable to acquire as they are to posses. Skill at grilling and smoking is certainly one of those.

Post Tue Jan 20, 2004 8:13 am
Grand Scale BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Spfranz - I'd like to thank you also for that recipe. I used to frequent a place in upstate NY solely for their watermellon Ribs. But I could never figure out the details. Now I can't wait.

Thank You Very Much!

Post Tue Jan 20, 2004 10:34 am
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

I am also interested by this recipe using watermelon. Wow, the stuff you can throw on the grill. Thanks Spfranz for sharing that with us!

Post Tue Jan 20, 2004 4:14 pm
spfranz well done
well done

No problem guys, hope you all like it. There's something about the mixture of the jalapenos with melon and especially the Midori that I really like about this one. Geez, I think I may have to go down and pull a couple of tenderloins out of the freezer. It's back above zero so this weekend's looking good.

Scott
I like vegetarians. Some of my favorite foods are vegetarians.

Post Tue Jan 20, 2004 6:00 pm
MrMilk rare
rare

Just got back from Super Wal Mart where I picked up a watermelon. I understand about the cold. It got all the way down to 30 here last night and never got above 52 today. Man that's cold :lol: Over the week-end I made 15 gallons of Brunswick Stew (Southern Style) and I need a change.

Post Tue Jan 20, 2004 6:56 pm
spfranz well done
well done

30 degrees? That's like, below freezing. You need to move dude :)

Sometimes the cold is pretty cool (no pun intended). About 5 or 6 years ago, it reached almost 70 below with the wind chill. However, the weather man showed us a really cool trick. He took a cup of boiling water outside and tossed the water in the air. It went from a liquid to a gas vaporizing instantly and bypassing the solid state. We tried it. It worked.

Needless to say, I didn't fire up the grill that weekend (at least that I can remember).

Scott
I like vegetarians. Some of my favorite foods are vegetarians.

Post Thu Jan 22, 2004 11:01 pm
BBcue-Z well done
well done

Great Pictures Bob!
I got the same gas smoker last summer, I love it. It maintains the temp very well. The only thing I didn't like was pulling the shelves out to mop. But I just got a mop with a long handle and that solved the problem.
I like the idea of posting pictures, but I don't have access to a web site. Do you have any suggessions?

Post Fri Jan 23, 2004 12:23 am
Dsorgnzd rare
rare

BBcue-z: You can post pictures for free at http://www.webshots.com among others. It is then easy to link to those pictures.

Post Fri Jan 23, 2004 11:00 am
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

BBcue-Z,

If you use a search engine on the Internet you'll find several websites like the one mentioned above where you can post photos. Just as there are many free email providers there are also free webpage providers. However, they can be a little slow with all the advertisements. Another area to check is with your Internet Service Provider. If you have Internet service at home you may already be paying for a homepage that you’re not using. My ISP allots 200 Megabytes of WEB page storage space for their subscribers. So you may want to go to your ISP’s website first and check for the benefits they offer.

Post Fri Jan 23, 2004 4:45 pm
BBcue-Z well done
well done

Thankyou both for the info. I will check into it.
:lol:

Post Mon Mar 01, 2004 6:41 pm
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

O.K. Ya'll! I thought we'd be seeing a lot more photos by now! Where are they? Fess'em up. So of you are claiming to BBQ 3 to 4 times a week and up. I want proof! After all I was born in Missouri so you still have to "Show Me". Right Dave! :wink:

Here's a second round of pictures from the last 6 or 8 weeks. Sorry the page is so crowded. I have a few more images than I thought and just couldn't bring myself to cutting them out. :?

I'll show you mine if you'll show me yours :shock: Pictures 2

Enjoy! :D
Last edited by Bob-BQN on Wed Mar 31, 2004 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Mon Mar 01, 2004 7:03 pm
MReynolds well done
well done

Bob, the photos are great! I really enjoy seeing your before and after pictures. I would like to post pictures, but two things preclude me. 1. I access the web from work and 2. I don't own a digital camera.

Keep up the great work, and I got a chuckle from your "fine print". :wink:
ImageImage
PETA - People Eat Tasty Animals

Post Mon Mar 01, 2004 9:18 pm
ThrRoff well done
well done

Bob, Very nice pictures. I am all sorts of jealous. And hungry

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion