Board index Barbecue Board Testimonials Barbecue classes

Barbecue classes

Share your war stories, your successes, and how Steven's books have changed your cooking from charburgers to grilling magic.
Post Sun May 22, 2005 11:50 am
deb raw
raw

does anyone know /recomend a barbeque class in CT or New england?

Post Mon May 23, 2005 9:18 am
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

Howdy deb, welcome to the board! :D

I'm not familiar with what is available in your area but hopefully with our vast membership someone may be. We hope you'll stick around because if you're interested in learning about BBQ there's a lot to learn here. 8)

Post Wed Jun 01, 2005 4:33 am
Bolo medium
medium

Hi Deb. Welcome to the best bbqing aid you will find on the net. If you can't find an actual class you do have this website and Steven's books. This is where I get all of my experience from. It just comes down to trial and error. I believe you don't have to have any classes. Just try some of the really easy recipes and read up on how to bbq as in Steven's book "How To Grill". It gives ILLustrations and Techniques and Recipes for every recipe he has in the book. This book is a must have. This book is a class in it's self. Hope this helps and you enjoy your new found passion.
"Baa Be Cue"

"It's Just Not For Breakfast Anymore"

Kingsford 22 1/2 inch Kettle BBQ

Post Tue Jun 28, 2005 10:40 pm
calamec rare
rare

save your money and go to the only BBq class you need. Steven's BBQ U. Not only will you enjoy the class - the hotel is wonderful too

Post Wed Jun 29, 2005 8:05 am
royknives well done
well done

deb wrote:
does anyone know /recomend a barbeque class in CT or New england?

Deb, if you find any let me know...I am in Windham County...next to Uconn.... :D

Post Sat Jul 16, 2005 8:10 am
jfm0830 well done
well done

Hi Deb:
Welcome to the board. I'd eventually like to attend BBQ U. Until thst day between HTG & the BBQU TV show on PBS I've been able to get by just fine.

You might try keeping your eye out for a BBQ competition in your area. If there is a good BBQ joint in your area they might post upcoming events on a bulletin board. You could go to one of these events and ask some of the people there what they know. There may be a club in the competition from your area that gives classes. Even if you don't come away with any info on classes, you will have had some good eats.

Jim
2 Large BGEs
Kenmore Elite 6 Burner Gas Grill
BBQ Site: http://grillinsmokin.net

Return to Testimonials