Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Tuscan Grill

Tuscan Grill

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Mon Jan 19, 2004 11:22 am
BBcue-Z well done
well done

Does anyone know where I can find the Tuscan Grill Steven spoke about in his "How to Grill" book? I searched the net for hours and couldn't find anything like it.

Thanks.
:)

Post Mon Jan 19, 2004 3:03 pm
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

BBcue-z,

Welcome to the Barbecue Bible!

I haven't had the opportunity to review HTG but I was able to locate this grill online which may be what you're inquiring about;
http://www.1-cooking.com/Sur-La-Table-Tuscan-Grill.asp
http://www.kitchencook.com/surlatable/C ... _51598.cfm
http://www.conmet.net/conmet/Graphics/P ... grill.html
http://www.smokering.net/HowTo/TuscanGrill/default.jsp

I hope this helps!

Post Mon Jan 19, 2004 3:18 pm
BBcue-Z well done
well done

Thank you Bob-BQN for the info, that was very helpful.
I like the site already, it seems like everyone is friendly and helpful.

Thabks so much.
:lol:

Post Mon Jan 19, 2004 5:52 pm
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

You're welcome. We look forward to hear more from you. Each of us adds a unique flavor to the board.

Bob-BQN

Post Mon Jan 19, 2004 11:04 pm
ThrRoff well done
well done

Interesting grill, and timely. I grilled some chicken outside tonight (Its 21 degrees – you reading this Grand Scale?) My nephew noticed the nice warm fire in the fireplace and wondered why I just didn’t use that. I don’t know that my wife would appreciate any grease on our oak floor.

Post Tue Jan 20, 2004 12:02 am
hickory pete well done
well done

Good move on your part. Besides, with the nice grilling patio that you have, why mess up the inside of the house. 21 degrees...you are a brave individual...

Pete

Post Tue Jan 20, 2004 1:19 am
YardBurner BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

ThrRoff, just keep moving. I deal with the same conditions you have (Damascus).

Just don't let your wheels freeze to the ground!

The best I could manage this weekend was seared sushi grade ahi tuna. Cooks really quick and my beer didn't have a chance to freeze. Not that it ever has a chance to!

Ok! next time we'll do some single malt!

That shouldn't freeze!!!

Post Tue Jan 20, 2004 8:06 am
Grand Scale BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Roff congratulation on the cold accomplishment.

Yardburner... a Balviene Doublewood will never let you down!!

Last night I "skated" to and from my grill.

I'm not worried about the grease on the floor, my dog would take care of that before my wife would ever see it. But I'm thinking though that my gas logs wouldn't appreciate the grease. I guess this is a perfect example where wood wins hands down over gas...fireplace grilling.

Post Tue Jan 20, 2004 10:57 am
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

I respect you hearty bunch of folks. We’re dealing with freezing temps here, but only at night and not even comparable to yours.

I was wondering about this grill as well. I didn’t think about grease on the floors though, we have carpet so it would be a mess. My thoughts were the mess all the grease in the bottom of the fireplace would make. Along the recent conversation about lava rocks and ceramic briquettes, I’m thinking grease would soak into the brick as well. Maybe the fireplace would need to be lined with aluminum foil prior to grilling.

Post Tue Jan 20, 2004 9:16 pm
ThrRoff well done
well done

It seems like a nice idea, but I am not sure it would be worth the effort. Better to freeze outside. :lol:

Post Mon Jan 26, 2004 12:00 pm
chagan well done
well done

I like the grill, seems like a good idea but I would use it to cook over a campfire instead of in a fireplace. Unless, of course, it is not MY fireplace.

No, it ain't burnt- it's barbecue

Post Mon Jan 26, 2004 12:26 pm
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

I have a heavy grate behind my shed that would be perfect for a campfire 'tuscan' grill. That's a great idea.

Post Mon Jan 26, 2004 1:20 pm
YardBurner BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

I' ve had a "cowboy" grill for a while now.
It has three legs like a tripod and suspends a round grate about the same size as a Weber 22" with chains above a campfire. You adjust the height by moving the chains.
It's a real pain to do when it's hot.

Not nearly as stable as this one though.

So far I've avoided droping anything important into the fire.

Post Mon Jan 26, 2004 2:19 pm
Grand Scale BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

I have a camp fire pit that I built several years ago. We used a concrete drop inlet, filled with 2B stone up to within a few inches from the top, then layered with fire brick. We then used creek rock to create the facia for it (including two wing sections for prep work. Where this is pertinent to this topic is that I bought a huge (nearly 2'x3') used stainlees steel cooking rack for over my fire. It works great and only cost about $20. Look for a used restaurant supply store, it would be aeasy to rig up a grate of this type for campfire or fireplace.

Post Mon Jan 26, 2004 3:09 pm
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

Grand, it would be interesting to see a shot of the fire pit when you get your BBQ photos together!

Next

Return to General Discussion