Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion THE hottest barbecue sauce anybody may know

THE hottest barbecue sauce anybody may know

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Jessie

I am looking for a really hot barbecue sauce. I have married into a den of pepper munching weirdos and none of my old recipes cut the mustard. So I want to at least appear in their league.

Jessie :D

Post Fri Jul 04, 2003 2:02 pm
nyy23 raw
raw

Find one with habenero peppers in it (or add them to your existing sauce). This is the hottest natural pepper known to man.

Post Sat Jul 05, 2003 10:35 am
Luke medium-rare
medium-rare

The "A-- Kicken" Brand makes a BBQ sauce. I haven't tried it but I like some of their other sauces and they tend to be pretty hot.

Post Sat Jul 05, 2003 3:50 pm
Lynn

The best commerical sauce that has some real heat that I have tried is from Strawberrys in Holcomb, Missouri. They make a regular "wet" bar b que and Basting sauce (white top) and a hot version (red top). They have a web site at www.straws-bbq.com

Post Tue Jul 08, 2003 4:43 pm
CHris Hagan

You can try adding a concentrated pepper sauce to your existing favorite. I would try a little Predator sauce. It is said that one drop will turn a pot of sauce into something with a good degree of heat.

http://www.king-cart.com/cgi-bin/cart.c ... atch=exact

Good Luck

Post Wed Jul 09, 2003 2:21 pm
ellem52 raw
raw

A-- In Hell

Not terribly tasty but hot. I add 1 drop sometomes just for heat. Seriously, the stuff is really hot be careful.
Mmmm meat

Post Sun Jul 13, 2003 2:31 pm
Craig medium-rare
medium-rare

Just take 1 bottle of KC masterpiece, add 1 cup of cider vinegar, then take 20, yes 20, dried large cayenne peppers chop them in a spice mill, or a whole bottle of cayenne pepper flakes from the supermarket, mix together, and heat on the stove till slightly reduced. This tastes good, but, it is not for the faint of heart.
If this is not hot enough, add one chopped habenaro seeds and all into this.
My mother in law is from Mexico, and I got this recipe from her. It's a killer.

Post Sun Jul 13, 2003 2:37 pm
Craig medium-rare
medium-rare

Oh, and by the way, THE hottest sauce on the market is called "Blair's 3am"
I believe it is habenaro extract. I got some in Gatlinburg Tenn. Had to sign for it.
Looks just like candy apple red nail polish, And one drop on the end of a toothpick is as hot as the surface of the sun.

Post Sun Jul 13, 2003 6:06 pm
chagan well done
well done

No offense to Craig, but Blair's 3AM is not the hottest sauce. Even Blair has a 5AM reserve that is hotter. 3AM has a heat rating of 1.5-2 million scoville units. Blair 5AM has a rating of 6 million. The Source and Tears of Joy (just 2 examples) beats both with a rating of 7.1 Million. How hot are these?

The bell pepper has a rating of 0
The Jalapeno has a rating of 2,500-5,000
Cayenne & Tabasco have a rating of 30,000
Scotch Bonnet & Thai: 150,000-300,000
Habanero 200,000-300,000 plus

But pure capsaicin (the heat in peppers) has a rating of 16 million.

Post Tue Jul 15, 2003 3:44 pm

The hottest I have ever had is from Rudy's BBQ in San Antonio, Texas!! It has even been featured on the food network. They ship it all over the world. Many say it is the best ever... psernally, I find it way to hot and peppery. good luck :oops:

Post Fri Jul 18, 2003 2:01 pm
Big Pappa

I have had a toothpick full of habinero sauce and that was enough for me. If they want hot got with the habinero they will not ask you to go hot again. I used to live with a guy from new mexico and ate chillies raw so I know about hot and that stuff is hot. :oops:

Post Sat Jul 19, 2003 10:26 am
smz420

Dinosaur BBQ - Wango Tango.

It might not be the hottest sauce in the world, but it tastes amazing and causes me to break a sweat...and I can tolerate pretty much any heat. It's got a great flavor. and habaneros add the heat. They make it at the dinosaur bbq in Syracuse, NY. It might be hard to believe that a great BBQ joint exists north of the Mason Dixon line - but the Dinosaur is in my top 5 joints of all time.

Post Sat Jul 19, 2003 12:57 pm
barry

The hottest without question is Daves Insanity Sauce. It won first prize in the hottest category of a hot sauce tasting that I read somewhere a few months ago but can't find and don't remember where I read it. Dave's Temporary Insanity sauce is an 11 on a scale of 10. I am afraid to open the bottle of the Inasanity Sauce. Here is a qoute attributed to the late Buddy Hacket from their home page:
"I am 71 and because of Dave's sauce I will live to be 100 and my rear will catch up later."

Post Sun Jul 27, 2003 10:03 am
hickory pete well done
well done

I used to tolerate hot sauces much better when I was younger. I agree with many of the posts in this forum that talk about adding to an existing favorite. As a retiree, I found that this is more economical for my budget. Some of the sauces on the market can get quite expensive. Hot sauces add great flavor.....but it's the suffering that follows that has convinced me to turn the heat down a couple of notches. I guess I must be getting more cautious.....Pete

Post Fri Aug 08, 2003 5:10 pm
Lee

I like to punch up commercial BBQ sauce with a Chipotle Chili sauce called Bufalo which is sold out here in the sunny southwest. The Chipotle chile is a ripe jalapeno which is smoked dry over a wood fire. It gives a wonderful, smoky, hot flavor to all sorts of food. In fact, if you want it hot, you could just jazz up a bottle of Bufalo with some vinegar, onion, etc, and use that.

Return to General Discussion