Board index Barbecue Board Best BBQ Joint Favorite Steakhouse?

Favorite Steakhouse?

What's your favorite place (aside from your backyard) to eat BBQ?

Post Sat Jan 29, 2005 11:55 pm
Leatherneck well done
well done

There's a Ruth Chris around here that I've been wanting to go to, but I heard it's pretty expensive. Don't they have a shirt and tie dress code too?

Post Thu Feb 03, 2005 10:48 am
Grand Scale BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

I've had the opportunity to dine at several Ruth Chris' and they are quite good. They and Morton's are the best chains in my mind. They are dressy in that a coat and tie is acceptable, in fact what you will see mostly, but not required. I believe their official stance is "business attire" ie collared shirt, no jeans or shorts.
If you get the opportunity it is worth going at least one time.

Post Thu Feb 10, 2005 12:34 pm
Kodiak raw
raw

Local favorite would be Lolo Steakhouse in Montana, short drive from where I went to school. For everyday Outback makes a nice steak for less than 20 dollars and on the upper end I prefer The Keg to the other chains. Best for your buck.

Post Thu Feb 10, 2005 12:54 pm
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

Welcome to the board Kodiak! :D I hope you'll join us in our discussions on the board.

Post Sat Mar 19, 2005 1:37 pm

In Phoenix, I like Durant's in downtown PHX for a special meal. They are expensive (to me at least), but worth it for an anniversary, birthday, or other special evening. Expect to pay more than $45.00 per person (appetizer, entree, one side dish, one dessert, tax and tip). The steaks were incredible and one person in our party had seafood. You can also spot a local celebrity as this place has been around for 50+ years.

All of their steaks are wet-aged for 21 days and cooked over mesquite. Make sure to try them if you are in the PHX area and are looking for a special evening.

Post Sun Mar 20, 2005 2:59 pm
Grand Scale BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Oh Guest where were you two weeks ago when I needed you?
I was in Pheonix on business and had I known I would have absolutely checked this place out. I'm always in the mood for a good steak. I did get to eat at a place downtown called Kincaids that was really good though.

Hope you join the bord and stick around.

Post Fri Mar 25, 2005 11:33 am
bupo107 rare
rare

For business/ expenses accounts...

Bone's in Atlanta. Amazing steaks, service. The asparagus is almost good enough to pay $8 as a side.
Bupo107
www.outdoorculinary.com

Post Fri Apr 01, 2005 1:15 pm
Pig-Picker rare
rare

If you are ever in the Hampton Roads area of Virginia, you have to go to 'Grate Steak'. It is a local chain of 3 or 4 restaurants, but their steaks are the best. You can actually cook them yourself over a huge charcoal firepit. You can request them to do it, but that would be a sacriledge for most of us - almost like using steak sauce! I get the T-Bone everytime and have not been disappointed. Salad bar and baked potatos are great too.
Rick T.

"When you see a pink ring, you know you are in the presence of a Master Pit Boss..."

Post Sun May 08, 2005 5:10 pm

elrbowl wrote:
The best steak house I have been to is Delmonico Steakhouse in the Venetion Hotel in Las Vegas. It is very pricey, and very worth it.

That's one of Emerill's places and was pretty good. Service was excellent, steak was more than adequate but not excellent. I'll tell you what was excellent and i highly recommend it....the grill chees appetizer. Yep, that's right...a grill cheese. I'm looking through this menu w/ all this fancy stuff on it and see grille cheese. Had to try it...mmmmmmmm.

Post Wed May 11, 2005 9:00 pm

Kodiak wrote:
Local favorite would be Lolo Steakhouse in Montana, short drive from where I went to school. For everyday Outback makes a nice steak for less than 20 dollars and on the upper end I prefer The Keg to the other chains. Best for your buck.

where in MT would Lolo's be? I'll be riding out there for about a week in August and i'm always looking for a good steak.

Post Wed May 11, 2005 9:18 pm
Sledneck well done
well done

Peter Luger in Brooklyn
Steve

Post Tue May 17, 2005 12:23 pm
cookin'joe

Bone's, Chops, or NY Prime in Buckhead (entertainment district just north of the city center)...if you've got the cash to throw around.

There are 3 Ruth's Chris in the city, and they are very good, but there's just something about a chain that dampens the experience of a new place in a new city. Same goes for Capital Grille and Emeril's (also in Buckhead), but they do have two of the best atmospheres of any restaurant I've been to.

If you don't want to spend $$$$, go to Blackstone in Vinings, Stoney River in either Roswell or Duluth, or Aspen's in Marietta.

...I'll be sure to go to Peter Luger when I'm in NYC and have some cash...lots of cash.

Post Wed Jun 01, 2005 3:59 am
scooterrk raw
raw

[quote]In Phoenix, I like Durant's in downtown PHX for a special meal.[/quote]

How bout Banderas out in Scottsdale? I never miss it when i'm in town.

Post Wed Jun 01, 2005 4:13 am
Bolo medium
medium

Well I have to say that if you want to have a nice Steak and your from out of town you must go to The Keg. Here in Vancouver Canada they are a chain of restaurants. Very nice steaks. Thick and juicy and made to your liking. From Blue rare to Chicago style and thick too. Did I already say the "thick" part. This restaurant is famous for it's seafood too. They are all over the lower mainland and have a really nice priviate dinner experiance. You have to check it out.
"Baa Be Cue"

"It's Just Not For Breakfast Anymore"

Kingsford 22 1/2 inch Kettle BBQ

Post Thu Jun 16, 2005 9:02 am
Cooker raw
raw

Several people have mentioned Ruth's Cris, and I agree that they do a fantastic job. But they are way overpriced IMO.

My hands-down favorite is Ted's Montana Grill, another chain. I've never had their beef, but I get a bison strip or ribeye every time I have the fortune to be near one at dinnertime. The taste is fantastic, and oh so tender and juicy. I'd rank it as good as or better than Ruth's offerings any day.

For those who aren't familiar with the chain, check out their website (tedsmontanagrill.com I believe). The Ted in the name is non other than Ted Turner, who also happens to own several bison ranches around the country. They offer other bison dishes, too, including incredible burgers. If you don't want bison, they also offer beef and bbq classics like beer can chicken.

PreviousNext

Return to Best BBQ Joint