Board index Barbecue Board Testimonials How To Grill - Unbelievable

How To Grill - Unbelievable

Share your war stories, your successes, and how Steven's books have changed your cooking from charburgers to grilling magic.

Post Sat Sep 18, 2004 6:34 pm

Just wanted to take a moment to thank Steven for his wonderful work. My wife bought me the book a while back and by now it is tattered and torn and sauce-stained and you name it.But thanks to that book, every Saturday evening in the O'Neill house is filled with the smell of good barbeque. I have Fridays and Saturdays off and every Saturday the kids know it's barbeque night. It's something we all look forward to and it is without a doubt my favorite day of the week as it is MY shining moment. I love the look on everyone's face as I present a glorious rack of pork ribs or my specialty...beer can chicken. Thanks a million Steven, and keep up the good work.
Yummy for my Tummy

Post Sun Apr 24, 2005 2:40 pm
MNPorkmaster medium
medium

I love that book. I need to get a new one. Mine is getting a little tore up:)

Post Sun Apr 24, 2005 3:51 pm
Smokin Joe medium
medium

I've got grill, bible, and USA. I love em all. My HTG is falling apart I use it so much. And thanks to Steven, his books, and his show, I've gone from hum drum burgers and franks to some real awesome stuff. I have learned sooo much. Whats best is that he is not just about recipes. You can find good recipes anywhere, its empowerment. I'm a grill jockey and he is mu Guru. :wink:
Grillin' in the Sunshine State

Post Wed Jun 01, 2005 4:48 am
Bolo medium
medium

Nice to hear from the Canadians here. This book "How To Grill" is absolutly the best grilling book out there. I have spent hours apon hours looking at the recipes and reading about the grills and techniques. I have now decided that this is what my dad is going to get for fathers day. What man would not want to have a book such as this?
"Baa Be Cue"

"It's Just Not For Breakfast Anymore"

Kingsford 22 1/2 inch Kettle BBQ

Post Sun Jun 12, 2005 2:12 am

I would like to thank Steven for "How To Grill".

The techniques and recipes in this book have elevated my grilling experience from simply killing bacteria to something far greater.

The most amazing thing about this book is that I haven't messed up a single recipe I've tried from this book. And that is a feat. Now, when I announce I am going to fire up the grill, my wife practically shoves me out the back door rather than rolling her eyes.

The best part? There's a couple actually.

First, I don't need 12 years as a chef in order to feel comfortable trying the recipes.

Second, the recipes are all appealing, unlike some cookbooks which may have one or two good recipes and forty bajillion throwaway recipes with names like "Beef Skull in Watch Battery and Caper Reduction, Served on a Bed of Braised Asphalt and Caramelzied Onions."

Best money I've ever spent on a book in a long time.

Post Sun Jun 12, 2005 10:57 am
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

Welcome to the forum Burnt Offerings! :D

Keep the good food & times rollin'. 8)

Previous

Return to Testimonials