Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion BBQ in Puerto Rico ?

BBQ in Puerto Rico ?

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Tue Dec 02, 2003 1:50 pm
Q Seeker

We love Steven's books (have 4 of them), and everything out of them has been a home run. One thing though, the BBQ trail never seems to hit Puerto Rico. We will be traveling there in a few weeks (for the first time) and would love any reccomendations - These can be from road-side stalls to formal restaurants. Would love to experience the local culture through BBQ cuisine while down there!! Thanks

Post Tue Dec 02, 2003 2:00 pm
Airfoils well done
well done

I've never been there and can't help you on that but if you are willing to try something on your own, my understanding is their cuisine is very much like Cuban dishes. When it comes time for my Carribean BBQ adventure I'll be making a beeline for Jamaica. :D

Post Wed Jan 07, 2004 12:49 am

As a resident from Puerto Rico, I can tell you that grilling here is not as sophisticated as it might be. My impresion is that people here ignore almost everything about lava rocks, or the real importance of smoking the food. Take me as an example; all my life I've been using charcoal grills and I love it's taste. I got my first gas grill just three weeks ago, and by reading this forum I have discovered that I can have the same taste I was used to have. I don't think that so many people here in Puerto Rico really get into gathering information about grilling as to find what are lava rocks for example. In fact this is the first time I know about them and about the techniques to get smoke in a gas grill.

If you want to have any specific information about Puerto Rico, contact me at prtrumpet2002@yahoo.com..

Post Fri Jan 09, 2004 2:30 pm
Steven Grilling Guru
Grilling Guru

I don't know any places myself. Please email us some photos and a report if you find one.

Return to General Discussion