Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Smoking Wood

Smoking Wood

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.

Post Tue Jan 06, 2004 12:25 am
ThrRoff well done
well done

Hey Bob, I did save a slice, but the 23 year old nephew just came in for a few days, and its gone already. Sorry, next time.

Post Tue Jan 06, 2004 11:04 am
chagan well done
well done

Hey Roff, that is one sweet looking bird. BTW, I never did point out what was wrong with your kitchen picture- the sauce pan had the handle facing out- safety, safety :)

No, it ain't burnt- it's barbecue

Post Tue Jan 06, 2004 11:19 am
hickory pete well done
well done

chagan...I looked at that picture of Roff's kitchen many times trying to figure out what it was that you saw, and never noticed the handle. Now I can rest again..

Pete

Post Tue Jan 06, 2004 11:22 am
chagan well done
well done

It's amazing what kind of responses you get when you submit an open ended question like that! You did catch a few good ones. :wink:

No, it ain't burnt- it's barbecue

Post Tue Jan 06, 2004 11:32 pm
ThrRoff well done
well done

Chagan,,,,,,,Whew so I can rest too. I kept wondering "what is he talking about?" You got us there. Actually I was snapping my simple pictures while a professional photographer was setting up to photograph the kitchen for the builders records. He set pots and dishes all over the place.

Post Wed Jan 07, 2004 11:05 am
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

Roff, you ought to see if you can get a copy of the builder's photo's for your records!

Post Wed Jan 07, 2004 10:55 pm
ThrRoff well done
well done

Bob. Actually it won a couple of awards for the builder. Here is one of the pictures
http://www.chesapeakehome.com/custombuilding/remodel_awards2003/kitchens.asp

Post Thu Jan 08, 2004 12:34 am
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

Wow. That photo is impressive. Of the three show on that link, yours is the best by far!

Post Thu Jan 08, 2004 2:47 am
dkirn well done
well done

Roff -

I can not look at another picture of your great kitchen! I am currently working on the plans for our new home and the kitchen was going out of control and then I saw yours and the ideas started rolling in... is it wrong to have a 500 sq ft kitchen?? My wife seems to think so, but I think it might be a little cramped :lol:

Post Fri Jan 09, 2004 12:37 am
ThrRoff well done
well done

dkrin,

I don't think it wold be possible to have "too big" of a kitchen. I don't know exactly how many square feet ours is. It just kind of flows and takes up what was once 3 rooms.

Post Fri Jan 09, 2004 1:07 am
dkirn well done
well done

There is just something cool about saying that your current kitchen takes up 3 rooms

Very cool

Post Fri Jan 09, 2004 11:31 am
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

My kitchen might take up 3 hallway closets :(

Post Tue Mar 02, 2004 7:48 pm
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

Oh happy day! :D I finally found some apple wood and it was free. Only one catch...it was mixed in with a little peach wood and some plum wood. I really can't tell which is what by looking. There is a small family orchard about a half hour north. I called them on day and asked if they had any clippings left from pruning this winter. They said to come get all I wanted.

I can't haul much at a time and didn't have tools when I went yesterday, but I did get a load and used some of it to grill pork chops last night. There's still a large pile and some of it is big enough to use so I'll be going back for seconds soon.

Post Tue Mar 02, 2004 11:06 pm
ThrRoff well done
well done

Bob, I have been grilling with the apple wood and like the heat it gives and the smoke. I would imagine there is not much difference using peach and or plum.

Post Wed Mar 03, 2004 1:16 am
Vinsect well done
well done

I'd like my kitchen to flow and take over my back yard. I've about got the deck conquered.
If it aint broke, Break it!
Then rebuild it better.

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion