Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Jackie's Giant Matambre

Jackie's Giant Matambre

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Fri Apr 15, 2005 7:28 pm
Jackalope well done
well done

Oooh, boy, I think I went and done it this time :shock:

Ok, it's on the grill, and I took a "before" pic with (my old-fashioned showing the size.) My store only had one flank left, so I'm just doing one. I opted for no ham/kielbasa, but more bacon, both outside, and inside.
The stuffing consisted also of spinach instead of celery, carrots, green and red pepper, onion, sliced garlic, and a mix of Romano and Asiago cheeses. Got off work early so had time to marinate in wine and sag/spice mix (like a homemade mrs. Dash) for a spell beforehand.

I also downloaded some recipes that called for sliced egg, pancetta, or prosciutto. Next time I might try that. Or regular italian extra spicy cajun sausage my seasonal meat vensor sells. Or crab meat!

Butterflied pretty well! By the time I got it nicely stuffed and rolled, it was HUGE! I can't wait to get the pics developed and downloaded, but boy was I laughing.

Slinger, I am doing the 3-2-1 on my Weber kettle, but also poked holes in the foil and am trying the first hour direct - rotate and flip every 20 minutes. I'm counting on the instant thermometer, but guesstimating due to it's size it will take about 2 hours.

At any rate, it's smelling absolutely killer, and the weather couldn't be beat. What a better way to start a B-day weekend? I even have plenty of cheese for the fondue kit. But I'm dipping shrimp in it, not bread. You guys are great, thx again for the ideas , I'll let ya know how it turns out, and pics are to come. :)

Post Fri Apr 15, 2005 8:43 pm
Jackalope well done
well done

Whoa. Turned out durn good, and it only took 1 hr 45 minutes. What an aroma. The hardest part was letting it rest! The crust wasn't as thick as I thought, but there was some crispy bacon on top.Took photos, and got my first slice in. Now I know what Hunger Killer really means! Wow!

I should have the pics developed tomorrow.

Sweet. 8)

Post Sat Apr 16, 2005 12:33 am
Cajunhoot well done
well done

Sounds like Jackie dun good. :D

Post Sat Apr 16, 2005 9:23 am
crazyhorse medium-well
medium-well

oh yea jackie that sounds great and happy birthday

my wifes birthday is also today, i have a surprise party set for her heh

Post Sat Apr 16, 2005 10:32 am
Jackalope well done
well done

Tell her Happy Birthday for me, Mark! I'm sure the party will be great. :D and I wish you the beautiful weather that we're having here in Chi-town.....75 and sunny. Woo-hoo!

Post Sat Apr 16, 2005 7:35 pm
Grillslinger BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Oh, that sounds great, Jackie! I can't wait to see the pics!

Post Mon Apr 18, 2005 8:47 am
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

I'm with GrillSlinger, that does sound great! I'll be keeping a look out for those pictures as well. :D

Post Mon Apr 18, 2005 10:02 am
Cajunhoot well done
well done

Where are the pics Jackie?

Return to General Discussion