Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion BBQ Resolutions

BBQ Resolutions

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Thu Jan 01, 2004 3:23 pm
MaxDog rare
rare

OK Gang -- what are your BBQ'n & Grilling Resolutions for 2004? Any new challenges you want to tackle, new techniques you've finally decided to try? Or new foods you want to try?

I'm going to try rotissing chicken each week-end -- the left-overs are sooo useful. And grilling fish at least once a week.
How lovely it is to do nothing and then rest afterwards

Post Thu Jan 01, 2004 4:22 pm
Airfoils well done
well done

1) To finally get around to visiting the ostrich farm down the road and getting some
2) Practice butterflying leg'o'lamb
3) Improve the presentation of my dishes
4) Try a meat I never have before
5) Use my smoker more (I grill most often) and perfect my version of Western Carolina Q
6) Expand my list of side dishes
7) Not let my herb garden die

Post Fri Jan 02, 2004 12:58 am
ThrRoff well done
well done

Grill and smoke more, and most all clean my smoker after use and not let it wait until I am ready to use it again. Nothing like grease that has sat around a while. Maybe the fact that I have to clean my smoker tomorrow when it is supposed to rain in preparation for Saturday's goose has something to do with this resolution.

Post Fri Jan 02, 2004 2:01 am
hickory pete well done
well done

I want to grill more than ever, and try many new recipes. Now that I have a poultry roaster, I want to really experiment with preparing chicken. It seems that every possible type of meal and the grilling preparation has been discovered, but to develop something new would be the best. I also want to add to the grilling equipment that I have now. Wow, this almost sounds like another wish list in the making.

Post Sat Jan 03, 2004 11:30 am
dkirn well done
well done

My resolution would be to be less addicted to BBQ info and website like this and spend more time doing other things around the house - Oh, wait I just ruined that one already. OK so I will just do MORE than before, that should work!! :shock:

Post Sun Jan 04, 2004 11:17 am
Grand Scale BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

As of late I have not been living up to my name...
My resolution is to get Grand again. More big briskets, more pork butts, and I feel the need for a whole hog this summer sometime!

Happy New Year Everyone!

Post Sun Jan 04, 2004 3:43 pm
stripegrill medium
medium

Mine is to finally get a good smoked brisket done, make more of the chicken dishes, try smoking some fish and above all, enjoy cooking and eating everything!

Post Mon Jan 05, 2004 12:22 pm
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

To entertain more… I don’t care for large crowds that much so we don’t often invite large groups of folks over. With the exception of The Fourth of July and then we’ll have sixty plus… We have a huge outdoor area but rather small living (seats 8) and dining (seats 6) area indoors . So I think for me it would be to entertain one family at a time and maybe work my way up to two.

Return to General Discussion