Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Santa Was Here

Santa Was Here

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Fri Dec 26, 2003 4:26 pm
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

Well I didn’t get every thing on my wish list this year, but it was a lot longer that what the wife is used to so she is probably still in shock!

I thought that I’d start this thread because I know we’re all curious to find out what was under everyone’s tree. (At least I am! :D )

I received a new BBQ light. The cool weatherproof one that everyone was ranting about a few months ago. There was also a new pair of 16” stainless steel tongs, a stainless steel injector with the biggest “needle” I’ve ever seen!!! :shock: , a long handled meat fork, a sitter for a chicken on a can, and a mini food processor for making sauces. There are other gifts as well like the Galileo thermometer that are not BBQ related so I’ll not list them here.

I still have a second chance for more BBQ presents as my birthday is in less than two weeks!!!! 8)

I hope everyone had a safe and joyous Christmas.

Post Fri Dec 26, 2003 4:52 pm
stripegrill medium
medium

Well, I got Barbecue Bible so that was good. I also got a new spatula. I got a gift card to Williams-Sonoma so I am going to get my thermometer but that was all the grill stuff I got. Oh well, there is always father's day and my birthday!

Hope everyone had a good holiday!

Post Fri Dec 26, 2003 7:01 pm
hickory pete well done
well done

This is what I received (cooking related) items for Christmas:

Weber Poultry Roaster, which is a really nice set-up for the beer can chicken type cooking.

Beer-Can Chicken book. I bought today with a gift certificate to Barnes & Noble. Of course, I HAD to have this for my new Poultry Roaster.

Original Hooters Hot Pot for deep frying, Marinade, Hot Sauce, and Wing mix. :shock:

I was also given some Venison Jerky, Venison steaks, and Venison burger, which I really appreciate since I could not get out there this year. Those will be cooked on the grill, of course!!

Like Bob, I did receive a lot of non-grilling/cooking items that I won't list here. Our Family had a great time together, now I'm enjoying some of the leftovers.

Hope everyone had a nice Christmas..

Post Fri Dec 26, 2003 11:16 pm
hicksjr raw
raw

Hi Bob-BQN,

Can you tell me the make/model of the light?
Do you like it?

Thanks,
Jeff

"My menu consists of two choices: Take it or leave it."
- Buddy Hackett

Post Fri Dec 26, 2003 11:26 pm
ThrRoff well done
well done

Ah, my good wife did some upgrading to complete my selection of knifes. A Wusthof 6 inch hollow edge Santoko, 7 inch filet knife, and a 10 inch hollow edge carver. These babies are sharp. Sliced the perfectly seared and smoked tenderloin.

Post Sat Dec 27, 2003 9:44 am
hickory pete well done
well done

Hicksjr,

Welcome to the group..although, I do not use a BBQ light, I did receive a catalog from www.grilllovers.com/ They have all types of lights that are pedestal, clip-on, and other kinds. They are priced as low as $16.00 to over $100.00. www.grilllovers.com/ also has a ton of other unique type of grilling equipment. www.grillstuff.com/ has lights and other equipment. Also, search this site, there is a lot of information that you may find useful, including, other sites to search for your grilling needs. Good luck, and let us know if you have any questions, comments, or suggestions. :)

Post Sat Dec 27, 2003 11:47 am
Airfoils well done
well done

Not much here. Got a lodge cast iron trivet, 14" cast iron pizza pan, some Better Home and Gardens type smoker cook book and $100.00 worth of Omaha steaks.

Post Sat Dec 27, 2003 12:23 pm

Hi hickory pete,

Thanks for the welcome, the links and the tip. I'll spend some time with the search tool to get the gist of things.....

Post Sat Dec 27, 2003 12:26 pm
hicksjr raw
raw

Anonymous wrote:
Hi hickory pete,

Thanks for the welcome, the links and the tip. I'll spend some time with the search tool to get the gist of things.....

Aw crap, thought I was logged in.....
Jeff

- Buddy Hackett

Post Sat Dec 27, 2003 4:40 pm
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

Hello hicksjr,

The BBQ light is an Olympia BBQ Grill Light like the one here http://www1.inetba.com/allparts/item85574.ctlg. It's great because it saves me from having to turn on the porch light. I still have to rewire the switch to the back porch light because when we turn it on we light the entire neighborhood with the perimeter floodlights. I was suprised by the length of electrical cord that came on it, it must be at least 20'.

I hope this helps.

Post Sat Dec 27, 2003 7:57 pm
Grand Scale BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

I was lucky enough to be given several great bbq items including a new burger press, a gift set of bbq sauces (Wild Turkey, Jack Daniels, Southern Comfort, and Makers Mark), hot sauces (including a make your own kit), a chili pepper apron and copies of BBQ USA and How to Grill. Both of which I already had so I made new grill friends by re-gifting them.
Those included I gave 5 of Steves Books and 7 Chili grills as gifts.

It was a great Christmas!

Post Sat Dec 27, 2003 8:05 pm
hicksjr raw
raw

Hi Bob-BQN,

Thanks for the link, I am looking for a light for similar reasons. When we vacation up North during the summer months you get eaten alive if you use the porch light!
Jeff

- Buddy Hackett

Post Sun Dec 28, 2003 4:17 am
dkirn well done
well done

Well my wife was creative enough that she went to my butcher and had him assemble a box of speciality meat cuts - it consised of a great deal of Bison and Venison, I am in heaven.

I also received a gift from my butcher of a gift certificate for $250 of meat - I know what else do you expect when you visit the butcher every two days??? I think that it also helped that the wife told him about the catering business and he is eager to supply the meat.

Post Sun Dec 28, 2003 4:20 am
dkirn well done
well done

I almost forgot...

I also finally got my own turkey fryer since I had just borrowed one from people I knew before. Grand Scale I must give you credit on the wing recipe .. my brand new turkey fryer came complete with a big jug of Peanut Oil and 10 lbs of wings - which I was forced to make about 20 minutes after the gift was given!

Post Sun Dec 28, 2003 10:23 am
hickory pete well done
well done

That gift certificate for $250.00 from your local butcher is quite a generous gift. In fact, that is almost unheard of these days. That certainly isn't something that would happen from one of the large food chains. Both you and Grand Scale are very lucky...

Next

Return to General Discussion