Board index Barbecue Board Best BBQ Joint North Alabama BBQ

North Alabama BBQ

What's your favorite place (aside from your backyard) to eat BBQ?
Post Tue Sep 28, 2004 12:38 am
katfish

:D Hey y'all...nobody has been to Athens Alabama or Huntsville Alabama?
We have some mighty fine barbecue here. Southern style. Gibson's and Big Bob Gibson's and Whitts and, my very own favorite...LawLers Barbecue. Anybody had any???
Its a shame that a bbq place in Alabama makes some of the best tastin' St. Louis style dry ribs I ever eat. The bone slides out clean and the meat is tender. LawLers Barbecue sauce is out of this world. They ain't never won no contest though. Their pork is the most juicy and tender I have ever done ate. Anybody else with a favorite North Alabama que?

Post Sun Oct 03, 2004 12:24 pm
HotSauceGuru well done
well done

I enjoy Famous Dave's here in Florence, Alabama. However I must agree with you on Big Bob Gibson's. When I lived in Decatur, Alabama that was a great place to go and get some great 'que!
Image Image
"Who you callin' a chile head?!"

Post Wed Oct 20, 2004 10:42 am
hotchef well done
well done

I grew up in Decatur and I think that Whitt's is in the top 3 barbecue sandwiches I have ever eaten. Yummy! And their vinegar sauce is also near perfect. :D

Post Thu Oct 21, 2004 10:08 am
HotSauceGuru well done
well done

I agree HotChef. Whitts is purty good stuff. My sister worked there while she was in high school and she got to bring alot of the left over meat home to us.....I think I loved her the most then...... :lol:
Image Image

Post Thu Oct 21, 2004 11:03 am
hotchef well done
well done

I heard from someone who used to work in the smokehouse at Whitt's that they used a tremendous amount of white vinegar to tenderize their meat after its done. Have you ever heard that? If that's true, makes me lose a little respect. Thought that tender juicy meat was in the cook's talent... :?

Post Thu Oct 21, 2004 4:58 pm
HotSauceGuru well done
well done

I believe it may be true. I will have to ask my sister what their meat ritual consisted of, if she remembers. They are fast food kind of BBQ place if that makes sense, so they dont have all the time in the world to slow cook their meat.
Image Image

Post Mon Mar 21, 2005 6:28 pm
Tony

Anyone ever tried Thomas bar-b-q in madison. It has to be some of the best pulled pork ever!

Return to Best BBQ Joint