Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Christmas Eve Feast

Christmas Eve Feast

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.

Post Fri Dec 19, 2003 9:15 am
Grand Scale BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Good for you Roff, I'm so proud to have influenced your feast! Just keep slowly turning up the heat until it hold where you want it and you'll be fine. You won't ruin it trust me, there were almost tears in my eyes as my prime rib was a fireball, but the people raved, and honestly that fireball was almost worth the money to see...almost.

Trust me I've thrown caution to the wind countless time and haven't had to order Domino's yet!

Good Luck and Enjoy!

Post Mon Dec 22, 2003 12:29 am
hickory pete well done
well done

Okay, There's been another change over here for Christmas. Looks like the Prime Rib will be done on the grill. I've never done it this way before, but like others, I'm going to take the plunge. What's the worst that could happen? Everyone has to make dinner from the side dishes and pickle trays. I'll let everyone know how it worked out over here after Christmas. :)

Post Mon Dec 22, 2003 9:06 am
Grand Scale BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

What's the worst that could happen? Read my post under "Holiday Feast".
It sure was an impressive fireball!
But the masses loved it...
Good Luck. Please learn from my mistakes.

Post Mon Dec 22, 2003 9:49 am
Airfoils well done
well done

Cookin on Christmas Eve? Who has time? I'm still shoppin and wrappin till late at night! :shock:

Post Mon Dec 22, 2003 6:25 pm
hickory pete well done
well done

While changing the gas tank on my grill and testing it for leaks, the valve/regulator/hose assembly started leaking gas from the regulator area. I called Char-broil, since the grill is less than 1 year old. The good news is they are sending me the replacement part free of charge. The bad news is it will take 7-10 business days to get here. I certainly can't complain about their service..no questions asked.

So the big dinner is back inside. A good lesson here about testing out the system for leaks

Post Mon Dec 22, 2003 8:01 pm
ThrRoff well done
well done

Too bad about the leak Pete.

My plans have changed a bit. I am going to do the tenderloin in the Weber with indirect heat and some soaked wood chips. I think I can sear it better than in the smoker.

However, current prediction is for rain :cry:

Post Mon Dec 22, 2003 8:28 pm
MaxDog rare
rare

As evidenced from my "Spit Rib Roast" thread I too am taking the plunge of grilling a big chunk o' cow. Of course after I ordered the thing, people started cancelling on me. Now I'm down to four for dinner. Ya think an eight pound roast will feed us all? :D If anybody's stranded in Springpatch Christmas day, stop by! I think we'll have plenty.
How lovely it is to do nothing and then rest afterwards

Post Mon Dec 22, 2003 10:57 pm
dkirn well done
well done

I don't know but about 2 lbs of rib roast per person sounds about right to me

:shock:

Post Mon Dec 22, 2003 11:20 pm
hickory pete well done
well done

All you can eat Rib Roast...It just doesn't get much better than that!! It's much better to have too much, than not enough. I just know you won't get any complaints from the people that are there.

Post Tue Dec 23, 2003 9:55 am
Grand Scale BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Sorry to hear about the leak, think you're making a wise decision though, there are some things that even duct tape can't fix. Although I must admit that I personally (unwisely) would be tempted...

#2 per person, sounds good to me, start planning your leftovers now!

Post Tue Dec 23, 2003 11:13 am

I never had to use duct tape on my charcoal. :)
Oh, no- here we go again!

Post Tue Dec 23, 2003 11:14 am
chagan well done
well done

Of course, that was from me.

No, it ain't burnt- it's barbecue

Post Tue Dec 23, 2003 11:22 am
Grand Scale BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

But you DID ALMOST dremel your apple wood chunks! :P

Maybe duct tape puts off a nice smoke...

Post Tue Dec 23, 2003 11:33 am
chagan well done
well done

When in doubt- plug in something electric I always say, well... I don't always say...... 8)

No, it ain't burnt- it's barbecue

Post Tue Dec 23, 2003 12:18 pm
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

I don't know about duct tape...but I just used some bailing wire on my smoker. :wink:

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion